Company Magazine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not seen the article yet will get a copy of magazine tomorrow and have a read

...well, after reading the article I'm relieved that it wasn't an ANT representative who was talking a load of twaddle!

Unfortuately it was a very one sided aritcle, but I must say, that if I was a client thinking of having nail extensions, I wouldn't be put off by the article - I'd still want them done, BUT I'd want to make sure that the person was qualified, using quality products AND I'd be willing to pay a higher price for this.

Perhaps next time a client tells us they're going to go to the non-english speaking salon down the road who are offering full sets for fifteen quid we can show them the article to show them what they're risking!?

It would be great though to have an article in the same magazine showing some fabulous nails and lots of happy customers!!!

Good luck Mr & Mrs Geek, I hope you get to show them what being a trained and caring Nail Technician is all about!!!

Kx

We`re all behind you Mrs Geek, you go and put them in their place. We need positive feedback, not malicious rumours

well i can't believe what i just read not one bit of posotive feedback hope there is in the next issue.

GO GET UM SAM

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well I just had this vison, if we all follow the advice given by that magazine this is how our Salons would look like.

Well on arrival meet and greet the client, shove your Qualifications under their nose make em read them and then sign a record card.
Then when they are sitting down you start your work.
First boil a nice pot of water and shove their hand in it..........To sterilize them
Then you do the same........to sterilize yours...................
Well at least the cuticle area will be nice and clean lol

The other importan thing is sterilize your Equiptment.
Boil all you implements for 10 minutes, including your files, Buffers, and all other usefull stuff.
Add a few carrots an onion, some spuds and you have a lovley stew.

Well just a thought...............
Well as for me I will continue to do it my way.
As for HIV on Files and buffers aso
They are all made from paper in one form or another
If that is the case................Will my newspaper give me HIV??? Or the money clients hand over ??? Do I have to boil all my money now???
or even my newspapers?????
There was a funny reply on the Nailtech site from on NailTech who worked with HIV stuff
Her Words made me laugh but rang true.................
The only way to get HIV from a clients is to have unprotectet sex with them lol

this is a sensitive issue.................... but as long as we sanitise, act responsible and are clude up on whats happening in our profession, we and our clients should live another day..................
Love Ruth xxxxxxxx

Unfortuately it was a very one sided aritcle, but I must say, that if I was a client thinking of having nail extensions, I wouldn't be put off by the article - I'd still want them done, BUT I'd want to make sure that the person was qualified, using quality products AND I'd be willing to pay a higher price for this.

I'm in agreeance with Karen on this one. I read the article and then re-read it and tried to look at it from a prospective client's view and agree that it would just make me more aware that there are dodgy places out there and to ask a few more questions before I book.

As was said, the sad thing is the wrongly reported problems, ie. mould, fungus, etc. Unfortunately, you only have to turn a few pages in one of the trade mags to find the same things mentioned there by other so called nail professionals. When will teks start to call things by their right names.

Another thing that was obvious whilst reading the article was that generally the problem salons where indeed our increasingly common Non Standard Salons. What would have been really useful would have been if they had actually mentioned that these are NSS places and what to be aware of.

When all is said and done the article was not researched nearly enough and although facts were given they were not accurately written. On the plus side a good 3 page spread was given in a non trade mag and consequently has given us the opportunity to set the record straight

Adele

BTW, is their mention of EMA being 100 times safer than MMA correct?

Also the bit about MMA being banned in the UK.
Well thats not true is it????
I believe MMA is used successfully in the dental industry to make false teeth and dentures. so how can it be banned????
It's prohibited in some states in the USA and also in Canada for the use in Nail products.
As far as I know it's still legal to be used in this country.
Tracy from The OSNS is still fighting the good fight on that issue with local councils and hopes to get it legislated throughout the UK.
So do Company Mag know something that we dont????

Tschueesi Ruth xx

I read the article, I had to have a horrified chuckle to myself, what a load of rubbish!

BTW Marie-Claire Dorking is the features writer for Company magazine.

And Ruthy-I was puzzled by the 'mma is banned in the uk' statement...!..

xxlaylaxx

You see this is my point, I've just been browsing around the beauty section of aol and come across an article on nail enhancements. The actual article itself was not too bad and not detrimental to our industry at all. However, within a few paragraphs what is mentioned........yes, fungal infections (talking about moisture on the nail - psuedomonas) and then later mildew.

When will we get this sorted out - boy it winds me up something chronic :x

Dangerously Demonic Dellie!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Well I just had this vison, if we all follow the advice given by that magazine this is how our Salons would look like.

Well on arrival meet and greet the client, shove your Qualifications under their nose make em read them and then sign a record card.
Then when they are sitting down you start your work.
First boil a nice pot of water and shove their hand in it..........To sterilize them
Then you do the same........to sterilize yours...................
Well at least the cuticle area will be nice and clean lol

The other importan thing is sterilize your Equiptment.
Boil all you implements for 10 minutes, including your files, Buffers, and all other usefull stuff.
Add a few carrots an onion, some spuds and you have a lovley stew.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm crying, my children are looking at me like I'm insane!! God that is soooo funny Ruth - the carrots and onions - here I go again!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I know, Ruth has shares with a dentist doesn`t she? well she must have serving up stews like that. Haven`t laughed so much in ages. As for the unprotected sex, I have to wonder if you keep condoms in with your brushes!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back