Company training or NVQ training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reneeg

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Apologies if this sounds like I am repeating myself I am new and tried to do this earlier and am not sure if i managed it or not :confused:!

Anyway I newly subscribed today but feel a bit of a cheat as I am a complete newbie (no training of any kind in Nails). I have been reading some of the threads and they are very helpful and funny!!!

I have decided that I should train with a company such as NSI or Creative starting from the bottom and work my way up Foundation course etc. I know I want to aim for an NVQ 2+3. but I still have a question (sorry :eek:).

The courses that you do with say Creative, do they eventually lead to an NVQ once you have established a portfolio. Or do you, then once carried out the training with them, have to go somewhere else to get a recognised qualification? This maybe a stupid question but having been on their website it doesn't really explain if NVQ is the final outcome.

All answers greatly received.

Ren

Creative training or any company training is a recognized qualification and once you have completed their courses you will be fully qualified. The nvq is a different route and is normally done separately from any company training.

Hi I live in Oxfordshire too so I thought id say hi. Im looking to do some beginer training too so let me know your findings and maybe we could do it at the same time :)

Laura xxxxx

I swear by Young (Distinctive)Nails training. They do a technique called reverse sculpting which is amazing. The training is fab and products are lovely. I can't send you a link as I don't know how but just Google them!
X

I swear by Young (Distinctive)Nails training. They do a technique called reverse sculpting which is amazing. The training is fab and products are lovely. I can't send you a link as I don't know how but just Google them!
X

Hi

And welcome to the site hope you find all you are looking for here.

And a agree totally with NailLounge love the reverse application.:hug:

Hi I live in Oxfordshire too so I thought id say hi. Im looking to do some beginer training too so let me know your findings and maybe we could do it at the same time :)

Laura xxxxx
Hi Laura

Had a look at your website that looks cool! Hope you don't mind me asking where you did your training?
I am not really sure yet but one thing is certain people seem to think Creative is all singing all dancing it gets great reviews. So I a seriously considering them.
Ren

Creative training or any company training is a recognized qualification and once you have completed their courses you will be fully qualified. The nvq is a different route and is normally done separately from any company training.
Hi lellipop

I am still confused. I noticed on your website you are VTCT and IHBC qualified if you don't mind me asking how did you achieve this?
Thanks
Ren

Hi and welcome to the site, I am sure you will enjoy it, Hope you have joined ......

the STSS to save our sprouts from Sassy (one of the other geeks) who wants them to be obliterated:lol:

just wanted to say thanks for all the help either from replys or just reading the treads I realise you get newbies all the time and must be sick of repeating yourself!!!!
After much deliberation I think my best path is with a company like Creative and then see where I go from there. Have e-mailed them and hope to hear from them sometime next week.
Cheers ears!
Ren x

Hi and welcome to the site, I am sure you will enjoy it, Hope you have joined ......

the STSS to save our sprouts from Sassy (one of the other geeks) who wants them to be obliterated:lol:
I am not sure I should ask but huh?

I am not sure I should ask but huh?

Hi Ren & welcome to the site:)

If you go to the chit chat forum you will see loads of threads that are all non beauty related This is where you will find the sprouts thread:lol::!:
I believe that alot of people on this site have voted for sprouts to be put in room 101 (the TV programme):)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug::hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back