Company's gone bust

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbie101

Reaction score
I currently work in retail and last night got a phone call to say the shops been repossed and im basically now unemployed by that certain company, I am now £200 down a month as I only did 2 days a week there and there were short shifts.... am I entitled to anything as it will be a big loss for me, the only doubt I have with getting anything is I have another job but again that's only £200 a month so I cant really rely on that money every month to live on and try set up a business... just wondering if anyone has any news on losing a job through company getting in too much debt its taken away!

I currently work in retail and last night got a phone call to say the shops been repossed and im basically now unemployed by that certain company, I am now £200 down a month as I only did 2 days a week there and there were short shifts.... am I entitled to anything as it will be a big loss for me, the only doubt I have with getting anything is I have another job but again that's only £200 a month so I cant really rely on that money every month to live on and try set up a business... just wondering if anyone has any news on losing a job through company getting in too much debt its taken away!

As far as I'm aware there is nothing you can do apart from try very hard to find another job and quickly. It may be worth calling the job centre/hmrc to see if there are any benefits you may be entitled to for the interim, they probably will be in the best position to tell you where you stand. If the company has no money and has been forced to shut with immediate effect I believe there is little you can do however don't quote me on that, Citizens Advice may be able to offer support. It may be different if the company has gone into insolvency but from what you are saying it reads as if the doors have been shut in their entirety usually determined by the banks who withdraw funding. Best of luck.

Check out statutory redundancy entitlement; you may get some.

Check out statutory redundancy entitlement; you may get some.

Thank you both for your help, I'll have a look into that then if not give hmrc a ring like virtues said :) thanks again! x

Latest posts

Back