competing with competition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mui

Reaction score
Sawasdee ka

In Patong we had 8 nail salons but when i was out 3 days ago i see 3 more beauty salons that now are doing nail extension and we know already others will do .

I want to put my prices up because i spend a lot of money on educaton i work hard with study and practice and buy good products and i beleive my nail extensions and nail art is better then the other salons the problem is i will be the most expensive can i do this or not .

The spa manicure pedicure that you do in your country we did not do in Thailand we have many place for massage and foot reflexology and i have 50 hours of training in reflexology so is good idea for my buisness already i have salons copy us i do not have a problem with this but 1 salon has cut the price already when i was think i would put my price up because is good service .

Well i have new menu for my salon and price menu and for put in my web site but i scare even if i have better salon and service i not stay same price every body but feel in my heart i want for what we can do not same somebody cheaper and not do job good same us .

Is there somebody have salon and is more then other salon your area and you think is good or is mistake .

What do you think please mui from Thailand

Oh Mui.... this is a difficult one.
Where I live, I think the people would go somewhere that charged more just because they think that the service must be better. On the other hand, there are plenty of people who believe that nail are nails and they might as well try to get a bargain by having them done at the less expensive place. It really depends upon the people in your area. Perhaps you could do some market research before you put up your prices and ask the locals whether they would try a more expensive salon if they thought that the products were superior and the service was better. If you can display your nail art in your shpp window for people to admire, that may bring people in.
I'm sure many other Geeks will have some ideas for you.... I hope you can earn that little bit more because it is clear that you really do have a passion for nails and you have trained for many hours.
Good luck Mui
Carol :biggrin:

I was always terrified we'd loose clients if we put our prices up. I knew we were worth it, but wiould the clients agree??

What we found was that if we lost a few clients, the new prices made up for it and the loss was not ever significant.

The salon is still going stronger than ever with 8 nail technicians and is one of the high price salons in the leeds area. They are worth it and have been in business for 18 years ... well estabilished and well known, but most importantly they deliver a service worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back