Competion workshop with Keaton

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deenails

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Girls, Dee here. Just a quick note really to see if any one has been to a competition workshop with Ketan? Evidently Creative Acadamy in Milton Keynes are hosting days training on the 8th August. i am thinking of attending and wondered if anyone was attending or had attended in the past? I am looking for a little extra edge for the big competition comming up in September (Excel).

So Guys and Girls any feedback would be cool as it looks and exciting day with valuable tips from the origional nail geek Ketan - but before signing up feedback would be great!! and rapid response would be even better as i understand there are only a few places left....

Bye bye for know

dee x

Well of course it is the best thing you could do. Who could pass up a workshop with Ketan if they want to win in competition.

No one has ever equalled his record in competition to date, and he is happy to share it all with you. And I'm proud to say that I mentored him throughout his competition career ... as well as teaching 37 other winners!

Too bad Professional Beauty banned him from competing after he had won winner of winners 3 times. They never did that to Tom Bachik in the USA. I did and still do think it was very unfair to him.

Anyway, now he is passing it on to others and I'm sure will have a hand in teaching many future winners. Have fun.

geeg said:
Well of course it is the best thing you could do. Who could pass up a workshop with Ketan if they want to win in competition.

No one has ever equalled his record in competition to date, and he is happy to share it all with you. And I'm proud to say that I mentored him throughout his competition career ... as well as teaching 37 other winners!

Too bad Professional Beauty banned him from competing after he had won winner of winners 3 times. They never did that to Tom Bachik in the USA. I did and still do think it was very unfair to him.

Anyway, now he is passing it on to others and I'm sure will have a hand in teaching many future winners. Have fun.

I cant beleive them banned him surely its fabulous goal for another nail technican/competitor to beat someone of that kaliber!! I am surprised PB didd such a thing...

Fab Freak said:
I cant beleive them banned him surely its fabulous goal for another nail technican/competitor to beat someone of that kaliber!! I am surprised PB didd such a thing...

Well believe me i WROTE A VERY STRONG LETTER (and y ou all know I can :D ) about it to Mark Maloney at the time, but it obviously had no impact on him at all.

It was a wicked shame and really made Ketan disheartened. Of all the worthy people to go into a hall of fame, HE should have.

Funnily enough, the caliber of work form the winners was never as high a standard for a couple of years after that, and it can still be hit and miss now!! As you say, people need a Ketan Patel to learn about the caliber of work that can be acheived and to aim for. He was so damn consistent.

A certain person who shall be nameless ... used to ring me up before every competition to see if Ketan was entering. If Ketan was entering he never did.

Opps i didn't mean the alcohol free lager :o as a standard to reach..

I wondered why Ketan didn't compete any more!

How short sighted of Professional Beauty to ban him!

I'm really very shocked!

It's good to know he's still passing on his skills tho.

Best of luck with your workshop Dee. I'm sure you'll have bundles of fun with Ketan!

Best wishes,

Karen

Latest posts

Back