competition geeks question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma Bagnall

Reaction score
when competing, do you lose marks for doing the polished hand with clear acrylic to save time? only at gmex, i did both hands pink and white, and had a mad rush at the end! think i spent to much time perfecting exagerated smile lines! so at the next comp, i thought i might do the polished hand in clear acrylic, giving me more time on the pink and white hand.

let me know your thoughts, i have seen a couple of you geeks do this, but was never sure!

when competing, do you lose marks for doing the polished hand with clear acrylic to save time? only at gmex, i did both hands pink and white, and had a mad rush at the end! think i spent to much time perfecting exagerated smile lines! so at the next comp, i thought i might do the polished hand in clear acrylic, giving me more time on the pink and white hand.

let me know your thoughts, i have seen a couple of you geeks do this, but was never sure!

I would take marks off you, ........ under lights you can see if you have even attempted pink & white and quite often you can see through the polish.

I think it should actually be stated in the rules to make it clear to everyone.

Some peeps bust their butts to to both hands, while others snidely think they are cheating the system.

If there was a tie for a place and the nails had to be re-judged, you would definitely be the one marked down (if you hadn't done both hands). Often this depends on the professionalism of the judges (all judges should be well respected and proven in their knowledge). Judge selection should be based on achievements, not on "name alone".

No, you do not loose points in the UK for not doing whites on the polished hand BUT ... as long as you don't take too long about it, it is a good idea to do this hand to do the whites on first to 'get you eye in' before doing the whites on the hand that is going to be judged. IN A TIE SITUATION I WOULD DO THE SAME AS CARL.

It is so important to get a rhythm going and if you only do the hand that is judged, you risk making mistakes that you can't correct and then you're stuck with it.

Latest posts

Back