Competition Geeks.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger Jay

Reaction score
For those who have competed in Nail comps.

When you are searching for your model, what do you physically look for?

For example, shape, nail type.......is the condition of the skin important?

Also what do you expect from your models, during practice and during the competition itself?

hi hun,

I am very lucky as my model has the perfect hands and a darker skin tone which makes them stand out more, i have had to look for another model as i need 2 this time so i looked for someone similar to fiona.

to tick all the boxes i would look at:
* somenone youngish (no afence meant) they have nice clear skin withno blemish's or scar's etc.
* long fingers and nail beds with no damage.
* someone with quite a good natural c curve to thier nails (flat nails no good)
* someone with patients that you get on well with so that you can train them to have your eye and remind you of things that you may have missed.
* the middle 3 fingers preffered tip sizes are 6,5,6, denise wright told me that last time.
*try and get long narrow nail beds.

i think thats about it hope this helps you hun are you competing???

Well , put it this way I've booked in with Ketan at the end of the month for some competition training:wink2:.

Thanks Kirsty for your help, mate!x

wwwoooohhhoooo get in there love, what are you gonna enter in hun?? how exciting i am so looking forward to this one think cos i'm diving in to some of the new categories, i can hardly contain myself especially as i have got over my tantrom about the photographic theme and got an idea....... here i come ......:lol:

wwwoooohhhoooo get in there love, what are you gonna enter in hun?? how exciting i am so looking forward to this one think cos i'm diving in to some of the new categories, i can hardly contain myself especially as i have got over my tantrom about the photographic theme and got an idea....... here i come ......:lol:
Well..........thought I'd have a bash at the Tip & Overlay L&P.

Just hope I can find the right model really. Have one on stand by for the training just in case I can't get one in time for that (30th July), but otherwise searching like mad.

Be good to see you again , Kirsty!:wink2:
Comp Addict!!!!!:lol:

Good luck hun.....the model that I used last time was a client, she loved it and will be with me next time....she has nice pink nail beds and also her beds are much longer than they are wide....

Antony spotted another model for me who came in to make an appointment for waxing but unfortunately she doesn't have the time to do it.....that's another factor....find someone with no kids as it's quite a lot of time out for the models....it's extremely boring too unless they are right into it and outgoing to chat with the other models whilst waiting to be judged!

Go Jules you brave lady :hug:

Well , put it this way I've booked in with Ketan at the end of the month for some competition training:wink2:.

who is KETAN?

i need to know ha ha

Good luck hun.....the model that I used last time was a client, she loved it and will be with me next time....she has nice pink nail beds and also her beds are much longer than they are wide....

Antony spotted another model for me who came in to make an appointment for waxing but unfortunately she doesn't have the time to do it.....that's another factor....find someone with no kids as it's quite a lot of time out for the models....it's extremely boring too unless they are right into it and outgoing to chat with the other models whilst waiting to be judged!

Yeh there seems to be quite alot to think about when choosing your model.
It's good to hear what you guys look for, so that it gives me an idea.
Thanks Cathie.

It is a big commitment for the model too so make sure it is someone you can rely on 100%.

Good luck!!!!!

who is KETAN?

i need to know ha ha

He is Ketan Petal, a mega comp winner trained (and now a trainer) with Creative I think (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure you will) trained by our very own Geeg.

Yes, finding the right model is really hard. If you can, look for japanese and asian models as they naturally have long thin nail beds and a darker skin tone. I'm finding it very difficult!!

Yes, finding the right model is really hard. If you can, look for japanese and asian models as they naturally have long thin nail beds and a darker skin tone. I'm finding it very difficult!!

Yes I've heard this too, well defiantly more to think about!

Good tips so far.

So.......gosh! Where do I start?
Ever used a model you've never met before, until doing your practice runs etc?

Ever used a model you've never met before, until doing your practice runs etc?

I got 3rd place in Dublin last year with a model I had never set eyes on until I dragged the poor girl from the queue for the exhibition.

Sparklepink won a comp with a girl she too found in the queue for the exhibition.

Well..........thought I'd have a bash at the Tip & Overlay L&P.

Just hope I can find the right model really. Have one on stand by for the training just in case I can't get one in time for that (30th July), but otherwise searching like mad.

Be good to see you again , Kirsty!:wink2:
Comp Addict!!!!!:lol:

Go for it hun good one you, i know i am a complete addict LOL

who else is competing????

I'm definitely going on the Sunday, but finances can't stretch to monday too. However, I think I may do both days in Oct at Manchester as I won't have to pay for accommodation!
I know Looby lou is going to london in sept and gmex in oct. I think there should be a good few geeks to meet up with.
Oohh getting excited now!!! xx

Latest posts

Back