competition nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smiler13334

#Nailartistic_me
Reaction score
Hi Peeps
Ruth and Faye your comp nails are fantastic. could you tell me what the differences of comp nails to salon nails are? are there alot of rules and regulations to follow? l wouldn't mind entering these in the future and getting a bit of background helps eh! l didn't get a chance to see at excel, which was a bummer. l bet you had a fantastic buzzzzzz with all of it.

hi ya ................

well me and mum did have a fantastic day. There are alot of different things that are different between salon enhancements and competiton ones.

To start with they have to be consistant
They have to be the length and shape that complement the models hands
They are also thinner so the main thing to aim for is look not strength.

The hardest thing i found to do was the red polish on the right hand as the saturday morning i had a nightmare and steve broke my to bottles of red polish that i had brought especially for the competiton..............

I am sure liza, mum and everyone else who has been in a competition can add to what i have wrote................

i think you should enter a competition as i found it the best one to one tuition as they tell you what you need to work on to get winning nails .......

just go for it , i did and i am looking forward to the manchester competition that is coming up ....

love faye xxxxx

Right I think Faye has covered a great deal already.........

Yes the Competition nails is very different from a Salon nail...........

By creating the finest, thinnest, smoothest and sleekest nail, you are showing the judges, that you have great product control............ an eye for minute detail and the ability to reproduce this 10 times....................

You are creating a cat walk type nail very pretty to look at , but not very strong and durable.................... this nail is for show not for every day ....

The rules are long but very simple.........I have scanned them via email if any of you are interested..................

The best way to find out what it's like being in a Competition is.........ENTER IT ............I can promise you, that like Faye and I, you will get the bug and will make this part of your Nail Profession..........

Already starting Comp- training again this weekend..........
and my case is still ready from last time....

So go for it, do it and I will promise you, your nails will improve 100%.....
Mine have and I have been doing good nails for the last 10 years, but now I have found ways to make them look even better.............
The down side is......... your Salon set will take a bit longer after a Competition , as you are still in that.......I MUST MAKE THESE PERFECT MODE....including the glass buffing..........

hope this helps...........
I am sure Liza can add to this......

love Ruth xxxxxxxxx

Thank you Ruth and Faye,

Great info and you can read the excitement in your messages. please send me a set of the rules as that will give me a rough idea what to do and not. Are the rules general for all comps or do they vary? when are you gonna do the big ones in America? when you did the fabric nails do you still have to use the same amount of product? to produce thin nails as out of all the systems fabric looks the thinnest am l right or wrong or being stupid! so the judges explain how to achieve maximum results eh. cool. thankyou again for your post, sorry for all the questions but l am really curious. All the best for your future comps.

Send me your email address and I will send you the rules.............
The rules are for the UK and can be amended from Comp to Comp, so it's important to read them............

The judges are there after the Comp to help you and they will explain why they have given you xyz score for a certain criteria.

When we used Fabric# we used it the same way only thinner and more precise in our application , so it gave us a very sleek nail.... You have to practice with you chosen product and adapt this, to give you a Comp nail.....................
But the best way to find out how a Comp nail should look is......... enter and then be judged and then read the score sheet and get the judges to go over it with you .................
We didn't know how it should look, well only it had to be thinner and sleeker...............so we just went for it................AND SO SHOULD YOU BABE XXXXX

love Ruth xxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back