Competition - Salon Nails (closing date 30 Sept 2007)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
OK we have the go ahead for the next competition on the site.
The theme, as the title says, is Salon Nails. This could be NNO, tips, sculpts and custom blends.
The end date for the competition is 30th September 12 midnight (UK time).
A before and after pic is required. 1st pic no nail enhancements..2nd pic new set applied.
Rebalance work may be used.
No nail art or coloured enhancements allowed. No coloured enamel.
The pics should show 5 nails (1 hand)
The pics need to be clear.
Any enhancement method may be used. (gel,acrylic, fibreglass etc)
No nail trainers...live clients please.
One entry per geek.

The judges are:
ksmoores - Kerry Moores, Principal Educator California nails
izzidoll - Isabel Sherry, CND Education Embassador
Jeni Giles - CND Grand Master & Nail Technology Career Planning Advisor
Blind judging will be done on all entries.

Entries will be judged on:
Parallel Sidewalls
Apex Placement
Line of light
Any other criteria will be added asap.

I have already had offers of prizes from Nigel at Mundo, Gerry at California Nails and naturalnails ...Thanks guys:hug:
I'm working on getting more so if anyone wants to donate a prize please PM me.

The prizes donated by Nigel from Mundo is a top of the range Platinum kit:
<b>platinum standard kit</b>
Fiona (naturalnails) has donated one of her beautiful hand made bracelets:
Beaded jewellery
Gerry from California Nails has donated acrylic products:
Weclome to Nailcreation.co.uk
MistyMoore has donated £25 worth of nail art products, to be chosen at the end of the comp:
Nail Tech Direct Ltd
Richard at Enuk Inverted Nail Systems has donated an assorted pack of inverted moulds and free subscription to their new site which will hopefully be up and running by the end of the competition.
YouTube - The New ENUK On-Line Information Website

Please put the title of the email as Salon nails and add your geek name.
I will add any other details asap.

Please don't post your pics in the gallery or websites until the comp is over.

Salon Geek reserves the right to change, delete or add to the rules and regulations as seen appropriate.

Looking forward to it Judy - on a real hand or on trainer?

What are the guidelines for salon nails?

Sorry yes it must be on a real hand not a nail trainer.

should these be nails that we have done in the salon/home salon? Or can we take all day to do them, sorry for being pedantic but salon nails are salon nails!

should these be nails that we have done in the salon/home salon? Or can we take all day to do them, sorry for being pedantic but salon nails are salon nails!

There's no time restrictions.
You can take as long as you like.

:lol: does that mean "pain in butt"...:lol: long words and me don't go..xx:hug:
Yeah you're right!

There's no time restrictions.
You can take as long as you like.
Cool, lets go for it!

So it's just **** hot pink and whites we're looking to do?

Surely it doesn't have to be pink & white:zzz:...salon nails covers a natural look surely? That was what I did most of in the salon!!!

Sounds like an excellent competition Judy!!!

Surely it doesn't have to be pink & white:zzz:...salon nails covers a natural look surely? That was what I did most of in the salon!!!

Sounds like an excellent competition Judy!!!
In the salon comp they had at Birmingham it was the pink and whites that made the podium, I know of one Geek who was really disappointed as she did natural looking nails, but it seems that the judging criteria was based on comp nails in salon timings....

maybe we should have some clarification on this Judge Judy!

Please can we have a competition for natural nails please.:cry: I cant do extensions yet

Laura xxxxxxx

It can be ANY type of enhancement. I'm working on the judging criteria so that it is fair for everyone.
It's a good opportunity to post pics of work that we do on a day to day basis.
And hopefully it will be fun too.

Is it just one photo of the set? Or do you want a few from different angles?

Can we use nailbed-extension, or we have to make simply pink and white?

A photo of before and after is needed, just from the one angle will be fine.
Custom blending is allowed if you wish to extend the nail bed.

Just say I've got a new client coming and she has been to an NSS, can I enter a before and after of her nails?

doh!! i was going to enter this, as normally i dont have enough time to enter the other comps,
and this was right up my street,
but used today to do it, took a pic of my own hand before, trialled out a new brand, and they are pants
so no sorry !!! lol
im not showing myself up, maybe if i have time ill have another go, and try to bring back my kit from work lmao
great comp judy xxxxxx

Ive done mine...cos i know i will forget and then kick myself...I wasn't 100% happy with mine either but then I never am....:lol: Glad they are salon nails and not comp nails...cos i cant do them for love nor money.

oh my goodnes judy fab hun well done for getting the geeky juices flowing again:):hug:, I don' know if i can think of entering, Manchester is giving me a real head ache at the moment, i hope this comp has the most geeky entries yet and loads of luck to all those who enter xx

i think we may need more time to get all the entries in!!!

wink

Just say I've got a new client coming and she has been to an NSS, can I enter a before and after of her nails?

It needs to be a new set mate x

Edited to add: On reflection you may use a rebalance client because it still fits into the salon nails category...so yes you may use them.

Latest posts

Back