Competition spray tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Anyone do spray tans for body builders etc using pro tan or the like?

One of my clients is a competition bikini model and needs to be very dark! I wasn't sure if they wash off guide colour like normal or keep it on? If they keep it on what about sweating under stage lights?

Also, do they have lots of coats of the tan? Not sure this would work mobile, she wouldn't want to pay for me to keep going round to spray her..

Any advice gratefully received

Sent from my HTC Desire

Hi,

I've sprayed a body builder before with LA disco, we did 2 sessions 1 day after the other to get it dark enough.

I also use this on a client who models etc and she has it made up to a 20% tan with booster drops and it VERY dark.

Hope this helps

Lisa

Thanks Lisa, I have sprayed her with 16% but she needs darker, I am hoping to get a sample of 20% to try but if that's not dark enough I might have to look at pro tan or the like? I've been told they usually leave guide colour on too... Eeww....

Sent from my HTC Desire

I have a client who enters fitness competitions, I use organics 12% and then add booster drops to make it about a 20% she loves it!

Ok, seems 20% is the way to go then...

She started off with 12% and actually won her comp last time, this time she was thinking about going darker but was very nervous of it, I convinced her to try 16% as she is reasonably dark skinned and I knew she would be fine with it. She said she didn't think it was much darker?...

Trouble is, after comp they have to go to work, shopping etc with a 20% tan on! Eek!

Sent from my HTC Desire

She is lucky she has the skin tone to wear it, she does look dark but not tangoed at all! I don't think I would stock a solution that high though, much better to custom blend it but thats just because I don't get much call for that kind of tan. Saying that I do have clients who sleep overnight in the rapid tan!!!:Scared: Not for me! 2 hours and I'm done!

I don't think I'd get any call for it either, not many of my clients can take the 16%!

Booster drops are a good idea... :)

Sent from my HTC Desire

They are and then your offering a bespoke tanning service with your custom blends! ;)

I wonder how pale people who compete cope? Lol...

Shame you can't spray them really brown for comp but it washes off after...

Sent from my HTC Desire

Id like to think they used the professional wash off variety maybe on top of no so dark spray tan? Otherwise Oompa lumpa city!!!!! :biggrin:

Aviva Labs used to do a 'Stage Tan' for this purpose, stage performers etc etc...washes off at the end of the evening no proble, very dark under stage lights. :cool:

Aviva Labs used to do a 'Stage Tan' for this purpose, stage performers etc etc...washes off at the end of the evening no proble, very dark under stage lights. :cool:[/QUOTE
Was that a spray or manual tan, just out of interest!

Ooo-er... really? Will have a look for that! Thanks x

Sent from my HTC Desire

Sorry I am no real use to this thread but...
Does anybody watch smog marry avoid? There was a woman body builder who got her man to PAINT her with fake tan on with a paint roller!!!!!!
Maybe you could try that? Lol crazy people x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I have a client who likes to be very, very dark when she goes out clubing, but working in a solisitors office that look is not for every day, so I spray her at 10%, by mid summer we will be up to 16%:rolleyes: and for her night out she uses a wash of tan in a can spray.
So that might be of use to your client?

Sorry I am no real use to this thread but...
Does anybody watch smog marry avoid? There was a woman body builder who got her man to PAINT her with fake tan on with a paint roller!!!!!!
Maybe you could try that? Lol crazy people x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

That did make me chuckle!!!!

I've been looking for the Aviva labs show tan but can't seem to find it on a UK site?

Have you got a link to it please?

Sent from my HTC Desire

definately a stage tan for the spray gun application... I have some in my fridge, but as I said this may be out of date info, sorry if it is...

Where can I buy it in the UK? Can't see it in the website? Can only find it in dollars?..

Sent from my HTC Desire

So sorry to resurrect an old thread but I read this with interest whilst researching old discussions on booster drops:wink2:

Jan Tana do a superb instant, wash-off lotion tan that's dark. It's mainly aimed at the body building and dance world. Unlike other "instant" tans, it doesn't streak easily and neither does it go green within an hour of exercise :wink2: You don't need to be careful with application - just rub it in fairly quickly and hey-presto! We love it for those competitions where it's not possible to spray tan. It also leaves you with a sun-kissed glow the next day

One of the main problems with other "instant" show tans, is that they leave the most awful marks on clothing - so for dancers, with outfits worth anything from £400 - £3000 it's a complete nightmare because they won't easily wash out/sponge out, if at all. Jan-Tana leaves minimal tan marks and 95% wash out, which is good because even some spray tans leave tan marks on fabric, even when you've showered all the guide colour off.
HTH.

Latest posts

Back