Competitions - Natural Nail Manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Calling all geeks that have enetered the natural nail competitions, i am quite interested in this and logged onto the professional beauty site to try and find out more details but for some reason when i click on the link to find out regulations and tips it wont display the information, can anyone forward me details on this competition and any advice would be great thanks x x

I would be really interested in this as well so any help gratefully received as looking at competing at Excel in Sept (essex geeks are on a roll :)

Sorry for being dumb, is there another exel in Sept, coz I missed this one ?

yes there is hun 11th and the 12th september
x

has anyone suggested doing the national geek meet then ?

Kellyc said:
Calling all geeks that have enetered the natural nail competitions, i am quite interested in this and logged onto the professional beauty site to try and find out more details but for some reason when i click on the link to find out regulations and tips it wont display the information, can anyone forward me details on this competition and any advice would be great thanks x x

There you go I hope this helps a little xxxx

NATURAL NAIL - Rules and Regulations
* Contestants will have 1 hour (60 minutes) to complete a full manicure on both hands.

* Models may not wear previously applied tips or nail extensions of any type.

* All nails must be free of any polish (including base coat) or paints before the competition starts.

* Floor judges will mark the models’ nails prior to the start of the competition.

* Do not pre-manicure your model – you will score higher if the judges can see a difference in the nails after you have finished.

* Floor judging is an important part of your marks. This will be done continuously throughout your manicure.

* Your manicure must include a full hand and lower arm massage on both arms.

* You are required to polish 4 fingers on 1 hand with crème red and 4 fingers on the other hand with a French polish, consisting of 2 colours such as pink and white. Both thumbs must be buffed to a high finish. You must not use a base or top coat on any finger nails.

* You are required to sit a short written test at the end of your manicure. You will be given 30 minutes to complete it. Please inform your floor judge if you have special needs, such as dyslexia. You will be required to provide proof of these.

* Photographs may be taken by an official photographer and Trades Exhibitions reserve the right to use the work in their magazines.

NATURAL NAIL - Hint and Tips

* Choose a good model. They should be calm and relaxed, help you with timing and keep you motivated.

* Make sure your model’s nails are suitable for your manicure, and avoid any contra indications, skin imperfections and remove all jewellery.

* Do not pre-manicure your model. You will be given higher marks if the judge can see improvement in cuticles, nails and skin conditions.

* Do spend time practising your manicure, especially the massage routine.

* Think about timing each stage so that you can keep to the time limit allowed. Your model should help you with this.

* Preparation is vital to your performance on the day.

o Write a full list of everything you will need as you practice, so that nothing is forgotten.

That is excellent

thanks Ruth

x

how long would you put by for each section as a rough guide?
prep and cuticle
massage
polish
buff

should this be a basic manicure or a spa manicure?

just bumping this back up again. Any help from natural nail competition entrants would be excellent and any competition tips from previous winners please all help gratefully received.

Its great to see that the manicure comp has some intreast as there were only 2 entered at both excel and manchester so you stand a good chance!

Just to say first that its not excel in sept its at Earls court!!

You get 1 hour to perfrom a manicure on both hands, so you model is checked before and its about the difference you can make, so dont use a pre-manicured model!
Follow the normal routine, you get extra points for a good massage. You finish by applying 4 red painted nails, and 4 french manicure painted nails, and the 2 thumbs buffed to a high shine.
Then you have to do a written test, 10 questions, 3 points for each on things like contra-actons and massage. I could go on but if you want more info, call me at work on 01322 555789, i teach till 4.15 everyday but am in the office after till 5.30.

I hope that helps, and good luck!

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks Ruth for getting the information, that is what i was trying to get and my computer wouldnt let me x

Excellent thanks ladies much appreciated
x

Latest posts

Back