Competitor in my area has almost copied my website what do I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
It's not word for word, but she has used the same layout, similar wording etc.

It took me three months to design mine and now I feel it's been cloned by someone who doesn't have a clue how to differentiate themselves from me:smack:

I don't want to change my layout etc, it is through freewebs, but if anyone wants to compare - I will PM my web address and the other person

I mean there are thousands of different layouts on freewebs and she has to choose this one :mad::mad::mad:

I'm quite seething at the mo, don't know why because I suppose that's business, but when the layout is the same, the ideas are the same, even some of my wording has been copied and pasted

I am off for a walk to calm down

It's not 100% plagurism but is there anything I can do or say to get her to change it?

I think that anything that has Free on it has to have a catch somewhere.....do you use the pics etc from the site?

It's not so much the background which is free that is copied, what gets me mad is it's the wording layout etc

I have specific pictures I bought from a company on my site

Well I am not going to get mad about it, honestly!!

I've decided to move on and get someone professional to design me a website that no-one can copy that's the answer here I think xx

Can I have a look at the websites please hun

have pm'd you xxx

i am all intrigued now , lol can i have a nosy too , xxx

I had someone steal my slogan, to which I just thought oh well it was pooh anyway have it lol!
I think your right about making it totally unique and BETTER lol. Its completly unfair but they clearly have not got the business sense you have so in that sense I wouldnt stress to much.
I will third being super curious too, can I have a look too? :lol:

course you can will pm you

all I can say is to this person is GET YOUR OWN IDEAS & STOP STEALING MINE!!

I had a fellow geek and one time friend do the same to me. As well as really annoying, I just thought it really sad. Had they the courtesy to ask, I would have helped them all I could. They won't go far!

It would be helpful if you gave your website address.

Hello dear, sorry to hear about that!! Well there is something you could do if the pictures, layout etc are your originals, because you do have copyright over these even if you havent registered it. To be honest though, that would just be a right pain to pursue and would probably stress you out more. As someone has said earlier on this thread, just make yours even better and rise above it!!! Good luck:green:

The freewebs website templates that are most suitable for beauty are obviously the one's therapists use. Apart from the prices the one's ive seen all look the same (basically)
If everyone here who has a freeweb website put them up for comparison i doubt you'd see much differences.
Having one designed specifically for you is the only way your going to avoid it but web design is very expensive. You have to decide if the cost is worth it. Does your website bring you a lot of business to justify the price?

even though the layouts are imited and its kind of acceptable that she would use the same one, for her to steal your wording is unacceptable. Just send her a kind worded email asking where she got her information / words from as you have noticed thT SOME parts are identical to yours. And that if she doesnt change it to her own original wording you will take legal advice re: copyright 'laws'.

Alternatively, put a brick through her window with a death threat!! ONLY JOKING of course!! lol. :green:

I had a fellow geek and one time friend do the same to me. As well as really annoying, I just thought it really sad. Had they the courtesy to ask, I would have helped them all I could. They won't go far!

It would be helpful if you gave your website address.

ahhh come on i said i was sorry....:)............................................(joking)

They say its a form of flattery when someone copies you....personally on something like this i think its just idleness...they cant be bothered to do the work of building there own ideas so just take someone elses....i agree chris...it is sad. xx

Tinky, Would you post your website addy on here so we all get to see it?

I will pm everyone the websites if that is OK

I'm still cross

Talk about dam right lazy. That took me ages to design with a toddler pulling on my jeans at the same time.

Its' not on!!

I've decided to draw a line under this one. Have emailed the person and asked her nicely to change it. If it doesn't get changed I will not be happy but that's just one of those things.

Thanks everyone for your help here today, I've been a bit upset and bemused to be honest. I'd never copy anyone else's work as a matter of respect for my competitors.

Got loads of work tomorrow so won't be on here so just wanted to say I have decided not to try and worry about this.

Thanks anyway for your help,

I know exactly how you feel I have a girl that copies everything I do and I mean everything the places i advertise, the new treatments I do the special offers I do. Its really doing my head but, what can you do. I just think its sad that she cant think of anything herself

Latest posts

Back