complaining client really upset me please help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggles

Reaction score
i had to speak to someone about this it really upset me today.
i have been doing nails on and off for about 3 years recently did an EZ flow course to get my skills up to scratch and i do alot of sets in the salon i work i at a reduced price until my skills get to how i want them.

i have many happy customers who come back to me every 2 weeks for an infill with no problems however, i did this set on a lady the other week it was an infill and i ended up making one nail quite red, i did nothing differently on her as i do anyone else, she did however tell me after i had finished that she was pregnant, i did not think to ask her as i had done her nails a few times over several months and it was not something that came up.

i was just wondering if what i did to her nail could be because of her being pregnant as nothing i did was different to what i do on others and it has never happened before, she said it was fine and later complained about me to my collegues which really upset me as i try to resolve it while she was still sitting with me.

i just wanted some advice on what you think i may have done wrong or if it was down to her being pregnant?

Don't take it to heart hun, pregnant women`s hormones are all over the place and they can be a real pain in the back side over the most silliest of things not just nails,
they cant help it i don't suppose but its not nice for other people that suffer their wrath,
I was working in a super market once and had a pregnant lady report me to the manager because i had used the conveyor belt when putting her shopping through and she said it was my fault she felt sick and i should have known better ???
You can always have a little chuckle to your self in the knowledge that she is going to be in pain soon enough when giving birth :hug:

she may be a bit more sensetive i think being pregnant hormones are all over the place but it sound like you may have over filed alittle hun? is is round the cutice area? did it happen when blending old acryli i.e lifting or once product was applied hun?

Don't take it to heart hun, pregnant women`s hormones are all over the place and they can be a real pain in the back side over the most silliest of things not just nails,
they cant help it i don't suppose but its not nice for other people that suffer their wrath,
I was working in a super market once and had a pregnant lady report me to the manager because i had used the conveyor belt when putting her shopping through and she said it was my fault she felt sick and i should have known better ???
You can always have a little chuckle to your self in the knowledge that she is going to be in pain soon enough when giving birth :hug:

LOL Thats so funny... sorry xx:hug:

[/color]

LOL Thats so funny... sorry xx:hug:
No need to be sorry hun, i always try to see a funny side to things, happy to make a fellow geek laugh xx:hug:

Hi,
I agree hormones do funny things to your body especially when pregnant! Hormones do effect the way your nails grow too. I saw a client once with a similar problem, really red nail beds, badly peeling and weak nails, all due to pregnancy! If it still concerns you maybe next time you see her suggest that she see her doctor about it.
As for her not telling you from the start of the treatment that she was pregnant, I think is really strange as this is normally a happy time and you would want to share the news with everyone! Right?? Plus you would need to know this just in case anything happened to her while she was in the salon!!!
hths :)

Happened to me as well babe, 1st time in two years.
I had a new file, the client didnt have sensitive nails and felt no burn and it wasnt really until i was finishing off i realised ! i was gutted owned up and discounted the nails:irked:

Does your consultation card have space for a "changes from last appointment" section. This may help in the future x x

I wouldn't woory. You have perhaps been a little over zealous with your filing on this one nail. It happens to the best of us. I think it is her responsibility to inform you of any changes to her clinet record consultaion form. I have an addition on the bottom of my forms that stipulates they must inform the salon of any changes to their history.

As far as Im aware, the only thing we have to be aware of (aside from the comfort issue) with pregnant women is with the massage and oils side of things.

Don't worry about it. Try to be thick skinned and let the little comments that will inevitabley come your way over the years of your career go over your head!

I have been doing a friend on mine's acrylic nails for a while now, on the backfill i used a drill doing the reverse method. When she found out she was pregnant we removed her nails and they were perfect underneath, no thinning at all. Well she is now 6 months and about 2 months ago we put gels on her which are easier to file, mind you she never lifted. Well, the other day she wanted to change from pink and white gels to just clear and when I filed her gels down they were paper thin, and I hadn't even reached the natural nail yet! I think that it has something to do with the baby robbing your body of the proper nutrients you need to have healthy nails. This may not be on everyone but this was such a weird occurence for me. She has seemed extra sensitive to me when I do her nails as opposed to before she became pregnant.

thank u guys for the guidance.
i feel so much better now i been talking to my clients and asking if they are happy with the way i do their enhancements and they are all very pleased so it has to be down to her hormones.
and i think you are right scratchers it was around a bit that had lifted.
thanks guys i always know i can rely on you to boost me up and make me feel better again.
xxx

Latest posts

Back