Complaining client - what would you have done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa12

Reaction score
Just wondering what other people would have done in this situation :

I did a girls hair. She was hounding for discount every day up until fitting - i didn't give any! Why should I was my thoughts.
Afterwards she recommended me to one of her friends who I did the week later, she then recommended me and I did another the week after. All happy paid me that was it.
Then about a week later the first one complains I offered to go back and have a look. Straight after I had threats from the 2nd girl and one of her friends. The 3rd ones mum complained as well. Now when I left each one the hair in my opinion was fine! I know what I am doing. If there's an issue I'll go back. But I said I'm sorry now I've been threatened I'm not going to come. I got messages every day from all different people. In the end I gave the 1st one back £20 and the other one £40. To get them to go away because they said loads had fallen out but they wouldn't send any pictures! Then I had this other girls mum send me her bank details and say give me money or bla bla bla. I said what reason have you got for asking for any money back. Spoke to the mums daughter who I did the hair for and they clearly hadn't communicated because she said my hairs amazing. That's when I thought hmm they are blatantly trying to get a freebie. One girl even got a 2nd opinion on my fitting and wrote to me saying she had told her it had been fitted well but yet still demanded money back. She posted all over Facebook that I was bad at hair extensions threatened to phone hmrc (which I said plz go ahead!) lol. Nothing to hide there. I think people must do this thinking we are just going to refund them! I don't think I should have given any money back but I wanted it to be done with. Definitely wouldn't refund the whole amount when I know I've done nothing wrong. Bloody annoyed me! :)

Such rude people! They just wanted something for free and they all planned it, terrible people in the world.. I would of just said I'm sorry you weren't happy I'll happily look at what I did and if there was nothing wrong than point blank there was nothing wrong! You shouldn't of gave any money back but I know you just wanted them off your back, it is what it is I guess I'm not sure if you can do anything else but say I'm sorry you weren't happy?

Yeh I'd arranged to go back there but then I had threats off one of the girls so I wasn't happy to go back in the end. I didn't reply for 1 day because I was in hospital giving birth lol! They knew all this I was even replying whilst in hospital being induced. Then I got more threats and I was like seriously! They didn't know where I lived luckily! Funnily enough I did maintenance on another girl in the same area last week and she knew them she bought up what had been put on Facebook and said they are Disgusting people they bully everybody. Two of them have their fb profiles public. Had a look yesterday and still got my hair in in pics they've been putting up so it can't be that bloody bad plus they'd all recommended me to each other! I've never had such horrible people and you can never tell if someone will end up being like that :/ I wish I hadn't of given any money back. I don't even know why I did.

Oh well hopefully they will grow up and move on! Such childish games..!

That's awful, I've had a few of these types of people in the past.. its so unfair there is people out there that think they can just demand what they want and they will get it, they're trying to cause damage to your reputation when you've done everything right.
You could threaten to report them for slander but actually persuing this isn't worth the time and money, just try to forget about them and don't let them get to you ! X

Its so horrible to hear this, there are really horrible people out there. I definitely wouldnt go back after being threatened, I think you did the right thing although i wouldn't of given any back without seeing them for myself. I think next time as long as you know that you did an amazing job just let them call HMRC. The only thing that will damage your reputation is reviews but im sure you could get them deleted or explain to people what happened. You know never to do them again, all you can do now is avoid them and get some really amazing reviews from other people so that everyone knows how good you are and that these girls are just after freebies :) x

Omg switch off your phone & leave Facebook alone for a week & concentrate on your new baby! :) congratulations :)

Sounds like a breed of folk I call deal hunters. They do this scam all the time no matter who does the hair or how good of a job it is. Too bad salons weren't more interconnected and we could put the word out to our own kind warning of people like this! I have done the same in the past offer a portion just to get them to shut up and leave me alone. Funny how they think badmouthing on fb and threats of reporting us will harm us. Anyone whom knows and believes them by hearsay are morons and potential problem clients anyways just by friending them that no stylist would want. Pretty fishy theres no picture proof what a bunch of idiotic morons because now they will never get your services offered ever again and soon all salons will be hit by them and no one will be around to do the hair so when they get something they like it will be a 1 off how stupid is that?Thankfully these types are few and far between in 20 years I have only had 3 like this.

This is terrible! So unfortunate there are ppl around like this! X

I wouldn't have given them any money back at all,take photos of your work as this shows off your work and also evidence of what you've done,I've had people who have tried this on before and I just told them straight x

Latest posts

Back