Complaint 3 months later

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snmlondonhair

Reaction score
Hey guys! Needing some advice.
One of my colourists did a Balayage on this client in June. My colourist applied the Balayage with no root tint. We tone ALL of our Balayage work, almost like a melt to create a "seamless blend". she toned the top of the Balayage with illumina 6/16 and pastel literally for a couple of minutes. This is the message we have got from the client :

Hello, I am messaging to get some advice from you.
I have a bit of a concern with a Balayage that I got at SNM Hair around June time. I have had a balayage before (once also at SNM and I have been happy).
My understanding is that the good thing about the balayage is that the root isn’t as obvious so it can be grown out quite a bit. I have noticed that I have been given a block colour on the root of my hair that I wasn’t aware of and didn’t ask for? This now means I’m going to have to pay for another balayage to cover up the block colour root which is a lot of excess money. I never choose root colours or toners because I do not like the roots that people get from them. That’s why I choose foil highlights or balayage usually. I’ll send some pictures to show you what I mean.

Further to this conversation, we have asked her to come into salon to discuss the matter (as I don't want to discuss a complaint over Facebook). She is refusing to come in unless we agree to a "colour correction" as it isn't "what she asked for"

Help! [emoji30]

Last edited:
Three months and has only just decided that it wasn’t what she asked for??? She’s taking the proverbial.
Also, she’s the one with the supposed problem that she wants you to correct, so she’s not really in a position to issue demands.

I’d probably reply along the lines of...

“We pride ourselves on our excellent record for customer satisfaction and we will be very happy to offer you a free consultation to discuss your ongoing hairdressing requirements. Best wishes.....

Reply like a politician. Boost your own salon ego whilst avoiding responding directly to the question asked. ;)

Seriously, it’s been 3 months!!!

She is trying it on to get free hair because she has no money x

If she didn't want colour on her roots she should have said at the time! This is rediculous [emoji23][emoji23]

You can't correct something 3 months later that's longer than most people Reebok.

How did you deal with this?

We had a lady who was unhappy with her balyage, she called the day after she had it done and said it was too light and wanted some dark put through it... But in 8 weeks time [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Did she she get a colour shift from the root colour?

What she means is she may of had a demarcation like from this I guess which also could of happened from a toner if using Illumina

It also could have happened if she had been away

I think she is unreasonable to not come in and show you - also if you were to correct it, more than likely would involve another root -

How long ago was her appointment prior to this one?

Was there a pic?

Are you sure the block colour isn't 3 months worth of roots? Lol.

That's ridiculous. Especially if she won't come in so you can look. I would reply as AcidPerm advised.

Please don't do anything for free because she is taking the mickey.

She obviously wants her hair done again but can’t afford it! We had someone like this.....she had full head of blonde highlights and cone in 7 weeks later to complain she still had roots!! [emoji85] xx

Oh god!

I wouldn't get into a conversation. Say something like: " Thank you for your message, unfortunatly it is our policy to see any colour complaints in person, this is to ensure no breakdown in communication and a thorough plan going forward"

Hey, like a retail shop you have a certain time to return or complain about you purchasing.
When it comes to hair, especially Hair colour it has to be admedatiley!!!
There’s no way in hell anyone should make a refund without seeing the result the person is complaining about!!!
If the client called or email within 24-48 with a concern then that’s fine but weeks later is far to late and also if they have changed it!!!
As a business owner for over 25 years now
I personally wouldn’t refund
As I haven’t had the chance to see there problem and can’t !!!

Latest posts

Back