Complaint about eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallou

Reaction score
Hoping you can all help.
Do you patch test all clients?
I have had a client have a reaction and they want a full refund.
I got a message over facebook, all very polite but i am weary that she is pulling a fast one?
Any help gratefully recieved.

Yes, I was taught to patch test everyone.

I am a mobile therapist so it is difficult as it may end up costing too much. So should i do a disclaimer?

I was taught that you don't need to patch test as the glue should NEVER touch the skin.
I teach my students now that they should just to be on the safe side.

You need to see your client before you give a refund. Or at least a pic.
She might just have sensitive eyes which will calm down in a day or so. But without seeing you won't be able to tell.

The world is going patch test crazy haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I am a mobile therapist so it is difficult as it may end up costing too much. So should i do a disclaimer?

I was once told by a solicitor that a disclaimer is not worth the paper it's written on!

My insurance company said that disclaimers were worthless. Check what your insurance says about patch testing.

Really? I never knew this very useful to know

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I was told to give the option if a patch test but not necessary as glue doesn't touch skin.
I get disclaimers signed
Ask your insurance provider xx

Last edited:
What type of eyelash extensions did you apply?
If semi permanent then yes, you're insurance company will not cover you if you haven't patch tested.
Have you seen the client that has complained? Before you go any further you need to see her lashes to see that she has had a reaction
X

Hey we only patch test if the client has has a previous allergy, skin sensitivity etc the adhesive doesn't dent the skin or shouldn't. Although gel patches, cleansers etc are worth a patch test is they are sensitive. Although check with your insurance some insurers require a patch test for everything. Also check with your distributor some companies obviously have different policy's :)

I was trained by Nouveau and we were told there was no need to patch test as the product doesn't touch the skin.
I do patch test every client now though.
Most people who have a reaction, react to the fumes so even if the glue doesn't touch the skin, they can still have a reaction.

Hiya I was taught that you do not need a patch test as glue is not supposed to touch skin. However best to cover yourself from their possible allergic reaction by doing a disclaimer for them to sign before treatment. Therapists do not normally refund but redo to same value unless you have done something wrong. Good luck!

you need to build the price of a patch test into your main price, also i would ask to see them in person as a picture can be made to look worse :hug:

It doesn't matter what any of us do. You MUST follow the guidelines of your insurance provider, NOT your training provider.

I patch test EVERY client and my insurer has told me a disclaimer is worthless.

Just as an aside, I recently had an unsolicited text saying "have you recently had a beauty treatment and not had a patch test. You may be entitled to compensation". It was one of these no win no fee companies so clients have nothing to lose by pursuing a claim. And we ALL know the types of clients who would just love this opportunity.

It doesn't matter what any of us do. You MUST follow the guidelines of your insurance provider, NOT your training provider.

Just as an aside, I recently had an unsolicited text saying "have you recently had a beauty treatment and not had a patch test. You may be entitled to compensation". It was one of these no win no fee companies so clients have nothing to lose by pursuing a claim. And we ALL know the types of clients who would just love this opportunity.

You must protect yourself as much as possible

Wise words! x

When I teach I make the therapists aware of these companies. Yeh a disclaimer isn't worth the paper it's written on

Made me all worry & my insurance has pretty much been void for past clients just because my trainer told me i didn't need to test!
Now will be doing tests every time!

Hi

I havnt been doing EE long but I always patch test and I found a company (Flirties) that teach it as part of their way of doing things, as personally Ive had several reactions to mascara (thankfully never EE) and mascara doesnt touch the skin either

Latest posts

Back