Complaint taken very badly by another salon.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sa.davis

Reaction score
So long story short, myself and my team had a really good last month, so I decided to treat them to a massage treatment the normal spa I go was fully booked. So i looked around for other salons in the local area and found one that looked really nice.
We went this weekend and to be honest it was awful and completely a waste of money, I couldn't relax and the massage at times hurt, the therapist was yawning and roughly pulling back the towels during the massage, I couldn't wait for it to be over.
Anyway, I came into work this morning and my therapist has bruises on her and said the girl she had did a really bad treatment. We was all very disappointed.
I decided to write an email this morning stating what had happened and that we was really sorry but didn't want to complain, but feel the owner should be made aware of this, I have had better massages from trainee therapists.
Anyway, I have had the owner this morning on the phone booking herself in for a treatment with us ! What`s that about ! I haven't even had a response from her, regarding my complaint. So it seems she is more interested in trying to score cheap points than address her issues! So now I don`t know what to do ? Should I confront her when she comes in and say it was nothing personally against you, we was trying to be honest with feedback. I`ve only been in this industry for four years so maybe i`m better off keeping quite, maybe people feel that you are out to get them! Or should I just act as if she is any other client carry out the treatment and wait for her email of complaint ? Ill deal with it as if she was any other client and show her how to run a salon and a business ?
Any Advice would be really great! Thanks :)

Does she know that you know who she is?? Bit weird to not acknowledge your complaint at all. I personally don't really know what to suggest with regards to confronting her (I hate confrontation!) but you should definitely show her how its supposed to be done when she visits your salon. Maybe just casually mention that you all visited her spa last week and that you had tried to contact her? She will know that you're on to her then?! Has she booked in for a massage??

Does she know that you know who she is?? Bit weird to not acknowledge your complaint at all. I personally don't really know what to suggest with regards to confronting her (I hate confrontation!) but you should definitely show her how its supposed to be done when she visits your salon. Maybe just casually mention that you all visited her spa last week and that you had tried to contact her? She will know that you're on to her then?! Has she booked in for a massage??
NO! That`s the weird thing, a Microdermabrasion facial, her salon don`t do that treatment (cover story), she booked it under her name and said she was buying it for her sister and could she pay for it over the phone, as she didn't want her "sister" to know how much it cost. After she gave me her I name, I recognised her voice and said to her do you want me to give your sister the card receipt and she said yes please. Not making much sense is it !

I wouldn't assume anything at this stage.
She might be mulling over your email and respond later.

Hopefully, she'll already have an inkling that her staff aren't pulling their weight and be looking at ways to deal with the situation.

If she chooses to completely ignore your complaint, I'm guessing she's not likely to stay in business much longer.

You'll have to just treat the appointment as you would for any other client I think. Be ultra good and make sure all staff working that day are aware and on their best behaviour!
Are you absolutely sure it's the same lady?

Yes, there is no doubt. I am hoping she responds because i have never seen anything like that set up before. I have done some further research and there is quite a few complaints regarding this salon and staff from this year stating how clients have had no response from the manager regarding their complaints and another stating that the manager lacked customer service and became aggressive when a complaint was made!

Sorry, I am new to this forum, but just thought I would reply as I read your post. Does she offer any similar treatments to you?
I have 10 years in general retail experience (not beauty though) and one thing I can think of is, If you wrote in the email that you treated yourself and your team, she must realise that you are doing well in sales & team morale etc. ( and so lovely to hear you reward your team for their hard work)
She could perhaps be wanting to check out your business, see how busy you are & have a Nosey on how well you are doing, or trying to poach staff from you.
My old manager used to do that in stores when she heard they were doing well.
Just a thought.
Stay professional and treat her like any other customer. You sound like you are doing amazing and have great customer service.

Sorry, I am new to this forum, but just thought I would reply as I read your post. Does she offer any similar treatments to you?
I have 10 years in general retail experience (not beauty though) and one thing I can think of is, If you wrote in the email that you treated yourself and your team, she must realise that you are doing well in sales & team morale etc. ( and so lovely to hear you reward your team for their hard work)
She could perhaps be wanting to check out your business, see how busy you are & have a Nosey on how well you are doing, or trying to poach staff from you.
My old manager used to do that in stores when she heard they were doing well.
Just a thought.
Stay professional and treat her like any other customer. You sound like you are doing amazing and have great customer service.

I never told her that we were coming as a treat. But I am sure she does her homework and knows/ sees that we're expanding and doing well.
I just never expected this response, I expected an apology for a bad treatment then that was it.
Thank you for your advice, I think your right I will just act as if she was a regular client, and see what her motives are. I treat my therapists because without my team, I have no salon, no business. I take their opinions on treatments and brands we use in the salon. I what them to be happy as they are the ones that keep our clients happy and coming back in. I think this is the key to a successful business.

Latest posts

Back