Complaint-what do I do and should I go to the police?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies just seen you not in uk it's not 101... Oops x
Use your local non-emergency number and bear in mind... Each force deal differently I was giving advice based on the force I work for x

Poor you having to go through that, but well done for standing your ground and remaining professional.

I had to contact the police last year after being threatened and they were fantastic so I would definitely advise that you report what's happened. When your the one on the receiving end it is easy to question whether your doing the right thing by contacting the police, I even worried I might be wasting their time, but they really helped. Hopefully it was a one off and he won't bother you again, but what he did does need reporting, big hugs x

Poor you having to go through that, but well done for standing your ground and remaining professional.

I had to contact the police last year after being threatened and they were fantastic so I would definitely advise that you report what's happened. When your the one on the receiving end it is easy to question whether your doing the right thing by contacting the police, I even worried I might be wasting their time, but they really helped. Hopefully it was a one off and he won't bother you again, but what he did does need reporting, big hugs x

Big hugs, be brave and go to the police. I had a nasty run in with a couple of thugs a couple of years ago, nothing to do with nails, I escaped them and I wish I had gone to the police but I didn't because I had no way of tracing them. It's a terrifying experience, but do go and be brave.

Just thought... were there any witnessess who heard him shouting at you, as it could be your word against his, or doesn't it matter if there weren't any ?

As an ex police offer I can offer some advice on this.
Telling you to go back to your own country is classed as a racist remark.
For that if you report the police will take seriously and may well arrest him. Then you will be required to provide a statement.
It's no longer a case of being able to report to the police just in case something else happens.
If you report they will take serious action.
Other offences you have is now harassment which if these threats have happened more than once he can be arrested for. So if u want nothing done but choose to report to the police this will not happen and you will be asked for a statement. remember - he will be arrested etc.

I reported some really evil neighbors for calling me a very rascist name and telling me to go back where I came from a few years ago. We had been at loggerheads for a couple of years and she really bellieved she was Gods gift to the world but hugley disliked and disrespected in our village. Anyway, all the complaints and reports made to the police about harrassment and damage to property etc did not do much at all, basically the police had better things to do which I understan....... the minute a rascist complaint was lodged it was all go. Police officers, she was cautioned by the police, I had offers of therapy and support and so on. It was taken very seriously and every incident thereafter was dealt with very quickly so my advice is to report him for the rascist comment and making you feel unsafe due to him threatening you

Latest posts

Back