Complete beginner gel nail training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy18

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m hoping someone can help me.

I am a qualified eyelash technician, currently on maternity leave and looking to use this time to undertake some further training and learn a new skill.

I would absolutely love to be able to add nails to my treatment list when I return to work at the end of this year, as I have always admired the work and artistry of a nail tech and the idea of also becoming a qualified nail tech myself one day excites me!

I know there are already plenty of posts on this particular topic (as I have spent the last week going through them all), however I’ve now read that many threads about different training courses, I thought it would be easier for me to just ask the question myself and get a more direct response.

I am particularly interested in learning gel nails first, with the aim of eventually taking further training in L&P in the near future. I will need to take a complete beginners course and there are a couple of brands that seem to be standing out to me. I wanted to ask for other people’s opinions on them (particularly as covid restrictions are now easing in England and training courses may have had a refresh during this time).. the brands that I am interested in are:-

- CND (I’ve seen a lot of recommendations on this brand in previous threads)

- Biosculpt (I’m particularly interested in this one, as I have done some research on nail techs/salons in my local area and not many currently offer this system. I’m not sure if that could be a good selling point for me and competition wouldn’t be as high, or is there another reason why not many nail techs work with this system?)

- Ikon.IQ (I’ve read some really positive comments on this brand in more recent threads. I have had a look on their website and the training does seem very in-depth/professional. However I couldn’t see how much each course costs anywhere and location etc?)

Apologies for the long winded post, good training is really important to me, so would appreciate your honest advice/opinions on the above! Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back