Complete disaster :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissConfused

Reaction score
hello

today was such a disaster :( i feel like a complete and utter idiot.

firstly i had to cancel with my 1st completely random client yesterday because my bfs landlord wanted to do a 'routine inspection' which they then cancelled at 8.50am, i think cancelling appointments is so unprofessional and was really annoyed and i was honest with my client and said what the problem was and we re arranged for today to do the consultation and skin test. well anyway i ended up over 30minutes late! i got stuck in traffic and then i got lost (i didn't write her number down as i don't ask me why didn't think i'd need to phone her!), but i was always going to be late because my friend wanted a tan this morning and i timed it so that i could tan her get myself ready for my client and then actually get to my client - but she got lost coming to where i was as it wasn't my usual address and then took forever to get herself ready to be tanned (is there anyway i'm supposed to act towards my clients when the time for them comes to take their clothes off for a tan? should i leave the room or turn around or anything? because right now i just kinda busy myself with setting up/putting solution in the cup etc).

when i finally got to my client she mentioned having 'urticaria' and said it was 'basically hives' and showed me where she had been itching her arm - i have never heard of it in my life and don't know much about hives either tbh and can't see anything about it in any of my training manuals. can anybody advise me if i can spray tan her and apply semi perm lashes? she said she's had lashes done before and regularly has a spray tan and never has any problems at all and said she would be taking some anti histamines *SP?* tomorow too.

i always like to do skin tests so tested her with spray tan and then and this is so stupid i know but i just wasn't thinking straight at all and couldn't open my glue and tried and tried (i have blisters to prove it!) and i didn't know what else to do so i just left it omg omg omg i know i'm so bad i know. i just want to cry with how stupid i've been! then i got home and asked my grandad if he could open my glue he said 'oh don't you squeeze it?' and i was like 'well no because it's blocked if you remember' and then i was even more naughty and put my tweezers in the glue hole (they had of course been sanitised and put into a protective mundo pouch) and it's not blocked at all! and now i feel so unprofessional for not doing a skin test after turning up 30minutes late to do a skin test! and stupid stupid stupid for not thinking about using the glue how it should have been used to start with!! i just wasn't thinking straight what so ever as i had rushed there, got lost so panicked and was of course way beyond nervous.

will she be ok with out a skin test for the glue? i remember my trainer telling me on the training day that there shouldn't really be a problem with skin tests as the glue shouldn't touch the skin anyway, but she still recomended i do one. i am so so eager to get my lash certificate and this has been the first chance for me to do a proper full set of lashes for a little while as i've just had alot on and had no time so don't want to miss this chance to have another portfolio submission kwim? that's a horrible way to think of it i know :( omg. i've made such a mess of this whole thing :(

if anybody can advise on the condition/no skin test and tanning etiquette *SP?* or if you have any words of wisdom to offer for future appointments then please please feel free to reply. thank you so much in advance.

x

Firstly I would take a deep breath and just chill. If you are mobile then clients understand if your a bit late or get lost I know mine do and just act professional hehe. For your solution test you dont need to fill up your cup or get them undressed all you should do is put a bit of solution on a bit of cotton wool and dab it in an area that wont been seen ie on the hip or base of back. You shouldn't really be puttin glue on the skin for a skin test anyway hun really should should put just a couple of lashes on the outside edge of the eye. Like you said the glue shouldn't touch the skin anyway!!!

Last edited:
Firstly, take a deep breath and relax! ....

That's better! Right, I am new to spray tanning and also feel a bit nervous with new clients, however, I always suck it up and act confident in front of them and with what I''m doing. This is essential as the client needs to feel comfortable and for this they need to have confidence in you!

I ALWAYS do a patch test, to cover my back and for the safety of the client. It does seem like hassle but one day it could save you £thousands, you just never know, better to be safe than sorry.
If I were you I would ring her up, tell her that you need to do the eyelash test for your insurance purposes and go back and do it. It sounds like she has sensitive skin so could be worth your while. I really woulnd't worry about looking stupid, as long as you explain she will understand :)

I personally don't leave the room while they undress. You are going to see them in the buff anyway so I don't think they will expect you to leave! I could be wrong, I know some people do leave them alone. I just do the same as you and busy myself with my equipment.

Hope to have helped a little xx

Latest posts

Back