Complete newbie help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey May

Reaction score
Hiya! All new to the world of nails! Well been doing my own for years. Doing my own gels for a year. However i now fancy training properly to do others. Now i cannot do a full time college course as i have to work full time too. Im from Wolverhampton so can someone suggest a decent course? Ive seen a course at the west midlands nail and beauty academy but im not sure on what qualifications will cover all areas of skills and of which i can be insured with. Any advice would be amazing!!

You could always look into brand specific training with brands such as CND, Nail Harmony etc. They usually offer beginner courses that run for a few days.

Thankyou ill look

I know Ellisons in Birmingham offer manicure and Shellac training as well, I haven't trained with them though, so don't know what their courses are like. :)

I did my tan training with ellisons & it was really good. I think One of the CND educators is based at the Birmingham one.

There is a nail academy in Kidderminster that are offering NVQ level 3, there are also 'beginners' course through Capital :) I'm from Wolverhampton too and was particularly disappointed at the lack of courses offered for nail technicians within the area.

I know this is an old post but I’m from Wolverhampton too and struggling to find somewhere that does the NVQ Level 3 anywhere part time. Wish me luck! Where did you end up attending? Xx

Hi Luntclaudia, I’m based in Wolverhampton too and have found it hard to find somewhere localish to train. I have just found a company in Lichfield - Michelle Carter -Nail & Beauty Academy. They are starting an evening VTCT level 3 in February next year. I’ve also come across Lavish Nails in Walsall too but they have a couple of negative reviews on their Facebook page so I’m not sure how good they’d be. I know Wolverhampton college offer a level 2 course so I suppose it depends where you want to start off. I’m still trying to decide at the moment but always keeping an eye out. Hope this might have been of some help to you and if you start your training before I do I’d love to know how you get along with being a fellow newbie :)

I have managed to find a beauty school in the Jewellery Quarter that does the funded level 3 Nail Technology course. I start next week and couldn’t be more excited! X

I have managed to find a beauty school in the Jewellery Quarter that does the funded level 3 Nail Technology course. I start next week and couldn’t be more excited! X

This is the course I did! Hope you enjoy it xx

Latest posts

Back