Complete Newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMYMAY

Reaction score
HI ALL
This is my first thread as complete newdie to nails
im doing a salon systems uv gel course
only been doing it about month as like i say complete newbie to nails so having MANY problem lol
ive done few nails but having problems with the tips cracking
im using
MERCIA FRENCH WHITE TIPS
is it me or my tips
SURE ITS ME LOL
PLEASE CAN ANY ONEOFFER ME ANY HELP TO THIS PROBLEM
if it is my tips can anyone recommend good ones
many thanks ME:)

Hi Amy

welcome to the site hun, you will now be addicted and wont get anything else done lol:hug:

i cant help you with your specific problem, but im sure plenty of other geeks can,while you wait for replies , try doing a search hun, im sure someone has probably posted about tips cracking before, see what you can find

but be warned, often whilst searching you find other threads that interest you and half an hour later youve learnt all kinds, but not found what you set out to look at rofl :lol:

anyway,
hths
xxxxxx

Hi hun

I've just started nails too and a few of us have had a problem with the tips spliting and it seems to be the tip blend.
You seem to have to be carefull not to apply too much as it contains acetone and that is what causes the tips to split.
I know some of the nail geeks don't use tip blend at all.
Other than that i really don't know what could be causing it and i am using Millenium tips.

HTH.

ღMandyღ;643077 said:
it seems to be the tip blend. You seem to have to be carefull not to apply too much as it contains acitone and that is what causes the tips to split.

If you're using tip blender then that will be causing your tips to crack because it contains acentone, as Mandy said, and the acetone continues to work after you think it's blended so weakens the tip . Blending tips with your abrasive gives a much stronger enhancement.....

Geeg has a tutorial on tip blending http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finis...le-control-part-2-thinning-blending-tips.html - have a read, it should help.

Using tip blender will wreck your abrasives as they get clogged up with melted plastic from the tip, it will also weaken the tip as it contains acetone and the acetone can continue 'working' on the tip after you've finished applying your product, this can result in service breakdown.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finis...le-control-part-2-thinning-blending-tips.html

With regards to white tips splitting... are you sure you're sizing the tips correctly?
Where do the splits/cracks occur?

if you are still doing a course, perhaps you should ask your teacher what these problems are, if they cannot answer, perhaps you should be using a better system, teacher or combination of tips/gel

I was going to ask if you were using anything acetone based on your tips?
Anyways, seeing as you have been asked that a few times already, I'll just say

Hi, Welcome to the Geek!!!

Hi

And welcome to the site

Hi, welcome to the site

Do you mean the tips are cracking when you cut the length off, after application. . .

or after the gel has been applied, ie when they return for rebalancing?

Hi and welcome

x Rach:green:

Welcome to the site. My daughters name is Amy May. xxx

Hi, welcome to the site

Do you mean the tips are cracking when you cut the length off, after application. . .

or after the gel has been applied, ie when they return for rebalancing?
THANKS FOR RELPING TO ME
THEY CRACK AFTER A FEW DAYS VERTICALLY ON THE TIP
LOVE THIS SITE
TROUBLE IS NEVER GET ANY THING DONE LOL

Welcome Amy May

Did you say you are using white tips? Some gels do not fully cure with white tips because the UV cannot penetrate properly so this may be an issue for you.

Have you done applying clear tips and white gel yet in your training?

Welcome Amy May

Did you say you are using white tips? Some gels do not fully cure with white tips because the UV cannot penetrate properly so this may be an issue for you.

Have you done applying clear tips and white gel yet in your training?
HI HAVE READ ABOUT WHITE TIPS NOT cURING PROPERLY SO WILL TRY CLEAR TIPS NEXT TIME
have tried apply clear with white gel but thats another set of problems as fine doing clear clen smile lines a big big problem lol but like a said i have loads to learn but love practing thanks so much for answering my q as really nervous about putting my first thread on here as learning thanks once again

THANKS FOR RELPING TO ME
THEY CRACK AFTER A FEW DAYS VERTICALLY ON THE TIP
LOVE THIS SITE
TROUBLE IS NEVER GET ANY THING DONE LOL

vertical cracks can be caused by product shrinkage, gel shrinks more than any other product

They can also be caused by using tips that are to small. Make sure your tips fit properly and go right from sidewall to sidewall.

Latest posts

Back