completely deflated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys just wondered if some of you could offer any advice, I was called today bu the girls who's salon I have been renting space (comission 35% per treatment) and told it was'nt working out as I was'nt bringing in enough money for her. I can understand why she has got someone else to rent the space but feeling really rubbish. I started about 9 months ago, but dont seem to be getting much repeat business, and most of my clients were from her salon, I'm at a total loss what to do next, thinking about throwing the towel in altogether.

Sarah xx

Aw, not quite sure what to advise here but have a :hug: anyway!

Why were you not getting repeat business do you think hun? Were the salon prices way high, thus stopping people becoming regular?

no it was my prices, 24.50 per set of ehancements, as she is a therapist she did all the other treatments I normally offer. I've no idea why not, the few that did come back there nails were still in good condition, no alot of lifting, no discouloration, no cracks nothing. So I'm stumped as to why people werent coming back:confused:

Have you built up your business at home/mobile as well as the salon or were you there full time?

been at the salon since april, but I've not had that many clients at all, I've tried mail drops, handing out leaflets, giving discounts, recommend a friend the lot I'm really at my wits end with it tbh.

Hey hun

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit shoddy. Have you thought of what path you could maybe go down next in regards to renting elsewhere etc? Its taken me 2 years to build up my client base, and im still not always fully booked. Try not to loose heart :hug: xx

Don't give up, like Nicki said it takes a long time to build up a client base that keeps you busy all the time.
If your heart is in it you will get there :hug:

Aaaawww hun:hug:
Don't give up everyone has bad times

:hug:keep your chin up petal, things happen for a reason, there will be better times ahead just around the corner:hug:

Joan

Hi Sarah , I dont think you have ever been fully valued in this salon anyway,
I think she just wants someone to knock loads of sets of nails out in a very quick and speedy manner,
It seems she is only interested in the money side of things and not the quality of the nails ,
Well at least its been an experience for you ,
Please don't let her put you off your job,
Your nails sound great and no lifting , more than I can say for mine,
Just find somewhere where you feel more comfortable and give it a trail period before you commit

:hug: x chin up hun

been at the salon since april, but I've not had that many clients at all, I've tried mail drops, handing out leaflets, giving discounts, recommend a friend the lot I'm really at my wits end with it tbh.
hi sarah iv did all that too and one week i can be booked up for most of the week and others iv nothin just one or rwo here and there ,and i sometimes feel like that and then bang the phone rings and im trying to fit
them all in :rolleyes:.Anyway you know your good at your job and your prices arent high at all ,i charge just a pound less then u for enhancement ,i think ur just feeling down at the moment take some time out and get yourself brushed down and get into it again ,it will come maybe slowly but it will :hug:

have you got a website ? i spent loads on advertising and it didnt get me anywhere (although i didnt have a shop ) but i have had more from my website , than any thing else i have done :) and its only a freewebs one , so hasnt cost me anything, hth xx

Sending you hugs & try to stay positive!! You know you can do it, don't give up. :hug: :hug: Why not try mobile? Do some more leaflet drops & cards, maybe with an introduction offer, say "introduce a friend get 10% off". Or free gems/nail art. You would also be able to do your beauty treatments then & work at your own pace. Always go back into a salon later. :hug:

have you got a website ? i spent loads on advertising and it didnt get me anywhere (although i didnt have a shop ) but i have had more from my website , than any thing else i have done :) and its only a freewebs one , so hasnt cost me anything, hth xx

Hi, Hey I second this what a great idea, I think Emmysbabes has just done a fab one take a look , she let us all have a peek , it was excellent :hug:

Do your clients know about your other modelling job ?
If i were you i wouldn't tell them unless they have come across your work, women can be a jealous lot,
you are young and beautiful and if you are making them feel inadequate about them self's (says more about them than you) this may be why they are not coming back,
and who knows what they will be saying about you to their friends,
please don't take this the wrong way it is meant as friendly advise from someone who experienced a lot of jealousy at a young age and i agree with you "it shouldn't make a difference but believe me it does"
I may be wrong but it was just a thought. :hug:

Do your clients know about your other modelling job ?
If i were you i wouldn't tell them unless they have come across your work, women can be a jealous lot,
you are young and beautiful and if you are making them feel inadequate about them self's (says more about them than you) this may be why they are not coming back,
and who knows what they will be saying about you to their friends,
please don't take this the wrong way it is meant as friendly advise from someone who experienced a lot of jealousy at a young age and i agree with you "it shouldn't make a difference but believe me it does"
I may be wrong but it was just a thought. :hug:

Hi yes I agree with this also , I think there has been an element of this right from the start of this job hun ,
perhaps it time to seek pastures new
girls can be jealous and a mean bunch, especially if you are a bit better looking than they are
and they sure know how to make life hard sometimes,

I think a few of us have been there when we were younger, LOL :lol:

You seem to be a really nice open and honest person with a gentle personality and you're a nicer person for that, so don't change, they have the problem not you,

I would tend to be a bit more private though too hun so the jealous ones don't know your private business,

you deserve to find some decent people to work with,
good luck and let us knowhow you get on :hug: x

Don't give up hun ... onwards and upwards eh?

In the meantime, we're all here to lend our support :hug:

Thanks for all the comments guys, really appreciate your imput. I have a website already have had a few clients from that and thompson local. I am a mobile tech predominantly, but working in a salon was bringing in alot of work compared to what I get usually. Think I'll give it a major advertising boost and see what happens till next year if it does'nt pick up i'll maybe have to go work for someone else, most of my friends that are in the beauty industry started out that way 1st but I did'nt really have a choice as I needed the grant to go on the CND course so had to start my business 1st arse from elbow(scuse my french lol) none of the nail bars round fife or edinburgh would take me on unless I was qualified.
I have mentioned to a few clients about modelling but I'm usually quite careful about who I tell but I am very forgetful and and sometimes thiings slip out by mistake, I'll try and keep it to my self in fututre though I never really thought people would be jealous, I'm just like everyone else.

Sarah xx

Hang on in there hun, you will get there, am wishing you all the best. You are a lovely person and if people don't like that or what you do i.e. modelling then that is their problem xxxxx:hug:

aint read all the thread here flower, but if you wernt getting repeated clients, are you sure you were doing the nails right in the first place, (were they getting lifting etc) were the clients happy, etc etc etc - sorry to sound soo naff, but i had this crap going on when i first started out -and as they say - it only takes 1 to spread a bad word. sorry if i came over as nasty - i wasnt trying to be, just something to look at

hugs to you flower for WANTING TO RECTIFY IT

Latest posts

Back