completely stumped!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
I was sculpting my own nail tonight.. I did zone 1 no probs.. then zone 2.. no probs.. placed a bead for zone 3 and did the push pull.. and i got this funny hole.. wasnt an air bubble.. (i think)
so i got a tiny bead and placed it over the hole.. and tried to pat it to fill but no matter what i tried the bloody thing wouldnt fill.. anyone know what this is? Im hoping i dont have to remove the enhancement because it looks like it goes straight down to the nail plate.. which could be a breeding ground for a greenie????
I have never had this before and im completely stumped!:grr:

Was the tiny hole, kind of powdery looking?

Sometimes this can happen if your mix ratio is too dry.

Just a thought!:)

Could have been oil on the nail at that point.. I've seen it happen before.. the oil repels the L&P and u get what u describe. other than that no idea.

perhaps i was working to dry.. I was having trouble holding enough liquid in my brush.. but i am leaning towards claws answer as it wasnt like anything i have seen before.. and i have worked too dry/wet loads in the past!
Thinking now.. i was using tiny amounts of super glue to glue down decals on zone 1.. would this effect it.. funny how it happened on just one and no other..
thanks for the replies!
:green:

Thinking now.. i was using tiny amounts of super glue to glue down decals on zone 1..
:eek:

super glue? as in, not designed for nails?

how did you press the decal into the nail? using your finger/thumb?

:eek:

super glue? as in, not designed for nails?

how did you press the decal into the nail? using your finger/thumb?

:smack: no it was my normal tip glue.. generic brand but bought from my wholesaler! and tbh i cheated and had my boyfriend apply the little buggers.. (he wanted to play!) he was using a orangestick.. but he did try and get it off once or twice with his fingers..
after the decals and before zone2 i applied acid free primer (creative) ??

but he did try and get it off once or twice with his fingers..
that's where the problem is... he would have transferred oils from his fingers to the nail/decal.

x

that's where the problem is... he would have transferred oils from his fingers to the nail/decal.

x

Makes sense.. He's a blimen' Diesal mechanic so i spose im lucky i only have one defect and not 100's!!
cheers everyone!

Latest posts

Back