computer geeks - wireless printer reccomendation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabinkel

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction here:D
I am a complete idiot regarding anything technical, and my printer has died on me! It has been suggested that I should get a wireless one?? Also, one where the ink cartridges are not hugely expensive. I dont do lots of printing, but do need to print of consult forms, disclaimers etc. Any reccomendations greatfully received xxx

If you'll be running your printer in close proximity to your wireless router, or otherwise able to connect it to your wireless router via Ethernet cable, then a network printer (with Ethernet cable) would probably work just as well, if not working out a bit cheaper than a wireless printer.

Although probably not ideal for you, the printer we run here is an HP Color LaserJet 2600n that we got around 3 years ago... it's a network printer with Ethernet so we can print to it from our wireless laptops... and although the toner is expensive, the toner cartridges do last for a very long time though - so it's reasonably economical in the long term, and the print quality is pretty decent too (although a good ink jet printer probably beats it for colour photo printing)...

Can't help hunny with printer recommendation but with regard to printing cartridges, I can recommend CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System). My epson printer was swallowing ink like we would vodka:wink2: and it was costing me a small fortune. Since investing in CISS, I can't believe how much money it is saving me. (Nailzoo recommended it to me.)

Here is a link:
Epson Printer Continuous Ink Systems - CISS - CISS Solutions

Thats great you guys. I looked in pc world and didnt have a clue!
Chris, thanks for that link, very useful. Although, Im sure i dont know what you mean about the Voddy:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Ahhhh, those essex meets........lol

Thats great you guys. I looked in pc world and didnt have a clue!
Chris, thanks for that link, very useful. Although, Im sure i dont know what you mean about the Voddy:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Ahhhh, those essex meets........lol

Remember big brother was watching us lol! I still have the video! Will try and get a copy or link to you at some point. I watch it now and again and it is so so funny! :o:lol::hug:

Latest posts

Back