computer help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
anyone know why when i type in a search thing...(example ... the nail geek) my page looks like this....AOL Search results for "the nail geek"

it doesnt normally look like this....:irked:

many thanks

i have this same prob too, i noticed it yesterday

although i am not using my home pc i am at my mums house but the thing is we both use aol wireless broadband

its ok...its a problem with aol...they are onto it.

i tell you something i have had so many probs with aol ever since i got the wireless broadband!

Thanks for that Angie..........I'm having the same problem and it's driving me mad. Seriously thinking about ditching AOL as I have so many problems. xxx

Thanks for that Angie..........I'm having the same problem and it's driving me mad. Seriously thinking about ditching AOL as I have so many problems. xxx

AOL caused me no end of probs and I had to knock it on the head to save my sanity. Went to Tesco's they were not much better and now with Tiscali, no problems at all, touch wood.

must say im on AOL too, and havent noticed any probs yet (sits with fingers crossed as its bound to go t**s up now ive mentioned it lol:lol:, when you mean you type in the search thing, do you mean on the site or on your browser?

ta
x

my own browser

If you're going to change DO NOT go to Talk Talk, it's a con and a rip off. We switched to them, and the internet service keeps dropping out, we think it's been oversubscribed so as soon as someone online downloads anything it boots all other users off! We had so many problems that we tried to switch back to our original provider, only to be told that as the line was no longer maintained by BT we would have to pay a reconnection fee of over £100. None of that was explained to us at the time and if you want to complain you get put through to a call centre in India where they don't speak much English. :grr: Don't do it!

dont know then hun, when i click on the link, i get exactly what i always get, so i cant even see what your getting to suggest whats wrong, hopefully aol will get it sorted for you

but i wouldnt hold your breath, i mean after trying to explain to 4 people in india all diff nationlaities who cant understand what your saying and try to tell you to do silly things within your microsoft clip art folder (i kid you not) to resolve connection issues, i dont hold much respect for aol lol, i always get my bro the pc whizz to sort my probs pmsl

hope its sorted soon babe

You can change your search page to anything you like - for example, if you want it to be Google.

Depending on your browser - you can go to Tools, Internet Options - look for something that says Search page and remove or add whatever you prefer.

Hope that helps! :D

my aol is playing up to angie!! same problem as you xx

If you're going to change DO NOT go to Talk Talk, it's a con and a rip off. We switched to them, and the internet service keeps dropping out
Have you checked out the troubleshooting on their website? It could be something as small as something is not configured properly. They seem to have some info on disconnecting here.

Have you checked out the troubleshooting on their website? It could be something as small as something is not configured properly. They seem to have some info on disconnecting here.

Yes, been there done that, done everything they've suggested and it still drops out without warning and for no apparent reason. Honestly, we've spent AGES on the phone to them trying to sort it. And yes, it is configured properly. My husband works on computers all day every day and has set up umpteen internet connections for us and for other people, and he's never had problems like this. They have said in the last mammoth phone call that it's a problem their end though.

Thanks for the link though, it's very kind of you! :hug:

Latest posts

Back