Computer virus

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilyx

Reaction score
Hey guys, my laptop has a virus (blaster worm) and i don't have a clue what to do about it. Can any of you help?

I have thought about ringing someone to come and fix it but i can't help thinking they will see i don't have a clue about computers, chat a load of computer jargon and charge me a fortune!

Do any of you know if the software you can buy to get rid of them works? (norton, etc)

Any help appreciated as i can't live without my computer lol x

You can try housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/index.html it's a online scanner this may help sorry I can't be more help
Another you can try is spybot search and destroy sorry don't have the link for that one
Regards
John

Last edited:
You can try housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/index.html it's a online scanner this may help sorry I can't be more help
Another you can try is spybot search and destroy sorry don't have the link for that one
Regards
John

Another one is AVG x

You could try your nearest PC world shop, I think they have people that will fix it all up for you and then install some virus software. :)

AVG is free download virus software. Easy do install etc even for a non techie sort of person. Norton you have to buy. (I think). But my favourite is McAfee. Easy to download. You can purchase online easily. It will automatically find, quarantine and delete viruses. Use it on all my pc's. never had a problem. If you ever need to speak to them they are very very helpful and don't make you feel silly.

AVG is free download virus software. Easy do install etc even for a non techie sort of person. Norton you have to buy. (I think). But my favourite is McAfee. Easy to download. You can purchase online easily. It will automatically find, quarantine and delete viruses. Use it on all my pc's. never had a problem. If you ever need to speak to them they are very very helpful and don't make you feel silly.

Would a free really sort it all out though? Makes me wonder why others charge. I think i might get norton to do it online as that was the internet security i had. Literally ran out 2 weeks before i got the virus, never got round to buying some more, just my luck lol x

Oh right. In that case call them and tell them that it has only just run out and they will gladly help I'm sure. You may well get asked into renewing with them. But you definitely need some sort of anti virus software on your computer. There are just too many bugs and viruses out there to go without. And without they will absolutely kill your PC.
Norton may be able to give you a deal if you tell them you can't afford much right now, just to keep you with them.
Mention that you are considering others and they should do there best to keep you.

By the way a free one (VSG) will do the job. Download, install then run a scan. It will find the virus then tell it to delete it. Easy peasey.

While you are waiting for it to download and install etc, don't go to other websites etc. the more you do without the program installed the bigger the risk of getting more viruses.

Norton is the worst. It's like a virus itself cuz it's constantly trying to download add-ons to your computer and taking up space, and it's nearly impossible to completely delete from your computer. I say take your computer to an expert to completely removed the virus and get eset smart security. You have to pay yearly subscription for it, but it does an incredibly thorough job of quarantining threats so it's well worth it.

AVG is good, I had a virus which turned out to be about 6 horse trojans! :eek: AVG got rid of them, computer worked perfectly after x

Latest posts

Back