Computer viruses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nail_star2003

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you all know that I have received a virus from two different emails :evil: , neither of which I have opened because I didn't know who they were from, but my system antivirus picked it up. :(

The emails have not done anything to my computer YET :rolleyes: so I don't see any reason why it would have affected anyone on here I just wanted to make you all aware. The emails were titled "That movie" or "Re:That Movie" and "Your details" or "Re:Your details".

I get loads of spam emails which really piss me off so I never open anything from people that I don't know but these two look like a personal email and not the normal 'Increase your earning potential' crap!!!!

So can everyone please be aware of these and if anyone opens them - durh, more fool you :ack:

I will sometimes get these through and ditch them if there is an attachment from someone I don’t know or wasn’t anticipating an attachment from.

One of the reasons that our users’ emails are not exposed is to prevent mass SPAM and virus being sent out.
There are countless SPAM and virus bots that sift through web pages and grab email addresses from them.

Think twice before publicly posting your email address anywhere :idea:

The worrying thing about some of the latest virus worms is that they grab your address book and start sending themselves to the contents of your address book but from someone else so you never know who actually has the virus.

I am getting between 10-20 e-mails each day with a failure notice. Someone has the virus who has my e-mail in their address book so it looks like the e-mails are coming from me.

MY WARNING IS BE VERY CAREFUL - DO NOT OPEN ANY ATTACHMENTS WITHOUT VIRUS CHECKING THEM FIRST - ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR VIRUS SOFTWARE IS UP TO DATE.

I know I do not have a virus - I use Sophos which is updated on a regular basis - sometimes daily if there are new patches.

BE VERY AWARE.

Our computer is infected with the worm that just came out.....we have a anti virus that never found it.....I am not an expert, but I think you also need a good firewall. I dont know what it is doing but I will be mortified if it sends anything bad out from my computer. Hopefully hubby will have it fixed soon.

cor i got da virus and lucky enough i enabled my firewall and my friend sent me a disk with all the anti virus protection i need.

I was off line 1 week.

Glad to be back on

Cazza :D :D

Here is a link if you want to scan your PC for a virus and still want to use the net.............
http://www.trendmicro.co.uk
If this program find a virus and it can be cleaned it will also give you patches to do so.................
Norton anti virus gives you some good protection if you run it with the internet security program too.
So it's not just e-mail that do the damage, trojan horse programs do to.........
Some nasty people out there like to make our life just that little bit harder, and make a program that will send itself to all and sundries........
using a false e-mail address that can't be traced unless you have the hackers knowhow..................and then when you receive it you think your best friend has send it to you............So for any one that has a virus, it's not necessarily from the person named on the sender info bit........
Just a thought
love Ruth xxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back