Concealer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Shed

Reaction score
Hi, after Joannes thread on foundation I thought I'd ask the next question.......how do you get great results from a concealer and which ones are good?????

I have seen on various make-over shows that they seem to use green based ones to cover redness and spots and yellow based ones to cover dark circles, then y do most cosmetics companies only sell skin tone colours?

I am confused and my dark circles and redness have never been covered as much as I'd like.....any ideas anyone? I know there are a couple of make-up artists on here, your help will b very much appreciated!

Samoyed said:
Hi, after Joannes thread on foundation I thought I'd ask the next question.......how do you get great results from a concealer and which ones are good?????

I have seen on various make-over shows that they seem to use green based ones to cover redness and spots and yellow based ones to cover dark circles, then y do most cosmetics companies only sell skin tone colours?

I am confused and my dark circles and redness have never been covered as much as I'd like.....any ideas anyone? I know there are a couple of make-up artists on here, your help will b very much appreciated!
Hi
I'm not a make-up artist but suffer with bad dark circles / shadows under my eye's.
I use Benefit BOI-ING concealer and this one is the best I have found for me, covers the dark shadows really well! I apply it over the top of my foundation, buy just dabbing and not rubbing!
HTH

xxx

i have seen in the hyperion catalogue that Anthony Braden do a conceler palate with 6 different colours, skin colours and green etc. I am thinking of getting one of these.

i used to have big problems with concealer they actually made me look more tired and totally highlited my wrinkles. no matter whcih ones i tried and different application methods, so i bought a yellow based powder from models prefer and their eye and lip primer brilliant, not liquid based but more of a creme which you swipe over all of the eye area with the included brush then set with the yellow powder...no dark circles or broken veins and once set with the powder its there to stay.

i use M.A.C. concealr and i use the concealer brush then i use foundation and i apply with a brush

Hi, I use YSL touche eclate it is fantadtic for concealing dark circles and is the only item of make-up i buy repeatedly having tried cheaper copies which say they do the same job.
from julie

touche eclait is ment to be very good but dont have your photo taken with it on apparently you get white circles around your eyes then

Hi,
I havent come across that yet. But i will inspect my holiday photos now and let you know. I must say I havnt noticed any white circles.
From julie

I am with Nafia on this one -MAC all the way, it's fab.

I too suffer from dark shadows and it totally knocks my confidence. I bought Touche-Eclat a while ago but it never seemed to cover my shadows up. I was going to try the Benefit Bo-Ing one which I think I'll try next

*JOANNE* said:
i used to have big problems with concealer they actually made me look more tired and totally highlited my wrinkles. no matter whcih ones i tried and different application methods, so i bought a yellow based powder from models prefer and their eye and lip primer brilliant, not liquid based but more of a creme which you swipe over all of the eye area with the included brush then set with the yellow powder...no dark circles or broken veins and once set with the powder its there to stay.
Sound just what I need...where do you buy it from and is it expensive??

G Ru said:
I too suffer from dark shadows and it totally knocks my confidence. I bought Touche-Eclat a while ago but it never seemed to cover my shadows up. I was going to try the Benefit Bo-Ing one which I think I'll try next
I really recomend it, I could never find any that covered up my cirlces, since discovering Benefit Bi-iong I cant live without it!
I hope you find it works for you, it is a bit pricey but does last for ages, I usually top up twice a day(because I feel like my circles are so bad) and one pot lasts me about 2 - 3 months!
xxx

joe90 said:
I am with Nafia on this one -MAC all the way, it's fab.

me too.... i loooove MAC make up.... i dont wear foundation... just a bit too heavy for my skin... im a touch of concealer (where needed) and powder gal ... so thats my base sorted :D

I don't mind how much it costs as long as it covers them up. I was looking at getting it next. As we both have the same problems ill definately get it now.

Just find one that is slightly lighter than your skin tone. Then apply your foundation as ususal and then apply your concealer right up into the inner corner of the eye, going up into the socket and lid. Apply it under the eye right up to the lash line and out to the outer corner. Then dab with your finger to blend. This will lift you eyes and make them look younger and brighter.

Sparklepink said:
me too.... i loooove MAC make up.... i dont wear foundation... just a bit too heavy for my skin... im a touch of concealer (where needed) and powder gal ... so thats my base sorted :D

Got to agree with Jess MAC is brilliant. I have also been using Clarins Super Lift Extra-Firming Eye Contour Serum, it hasn't happened overnight but the difference is definately noticeable.(the title was so long I had to get the bottle to find the correct name!)

Thanks guys, think I'll try out the benefit one then, will let you know how it goes, how about a concealer for redness though, I get this around the sides of my nose and on my chin, any ideas?

Yeh the anthony braden conceler is very good...if you buy the portfolio wheel you can play around with the shades...there is light, medium, a yellow based colour, lilac and green...sometimes I use a 2 shades to conceal. I use the lilac aound the wrinkley area and depending if I have a tan its between the yellowy based mixed with the light or the medium...like I say sometimes it can appear a different shade under the eyes depending on tan etc...but I have the darkest circles under my eyes EVER!!

nailsbydesign said:
Sound just what I need...where do you buy it from and is it expensive??
qvc hun, its not badly priced at all

Latest posts

Back