Concerning gel nails........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat's Claws

Reaction score
My teacher did a pair of gel overlays and I'm happy about it.......mostly..... I was just wondering if its normal to have a bit of a ridge formed by the gel right at the base of the cuticle? I removed the nail polish last night and had to file down a ridge at the base.......

Comments please? huh

No, there shouldn`t be any ridges anywhere on the nail, they should be buffed smooth to the nail

As Debs said - NO RIDGES!!

Lynn
ANT Member

No ridges heh........food for thought.

TY ladies

Kat meow

if a nail tek is doing his/her job correctly, no matter which system, all systems should be buffed flush to the natural nail in zone 3 (cuticle area). When those enhancements grow out, you are not going to see an unsightly bump :shock: hmmm - sounds like she needed to go thinner in zone 3 or do a better buffing job :rolleyes: I would just like to add that any product placed in zone 3 should be placed AWAY from soft tissue other wise there is risk of over-exposure and a definite chance of lift!! ;)

Well it sounds as if the gel as been applied much too thickly in zone 3.
There should never be a ridge.
If this person is teaching you this way :? I would be inclinced to advise you to do your trainning elsewhere :D

lesley1965 said:
Well it sounds as if the gel as been applied much too thickly in zone 3.
There should never be a ridge.
If this person is teaching you this way :? I would be inclinced to advise you to do your trainning elsewhere :D

I agree with you Lesley, it means too much gel was applied in zone 3 which causes the gel to go up the cuticle and cause a ridge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back