Confidence Crisis! L&P Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tickled Pink!

Reaction score
I'm new to nail enhancements and this new site but what topics i have posted, you wonderful guys have all taken the trouble to help me...so here goes!

What am I doing wrong? I trained with Odyssey Nail Systems only in September and having had lots of practice on my faithfull nail trainer and a long suffering friend, I have branched into the scary world of charging real clients.

I buff of the shine, push back cuticles, dehydrate, pre prime, tip blend, pre prime again and then acrylic primer before the ONS L&P overlay, but still seem to have problems with lifting (after anything from a couple of days to a week)...I'm starting to think I'm completely useless...Is it the product or me. Can anyone with experience of ONS comment?

One friend, who is notorious for being too busy, has been leaving her infils for over 3 weeks and despite losing a complete tip has virtually no lifting. I do my own nails but in all honestly, enjoy 'playing' with them so never leave them long enough to see if they lift or not, as for the nail trainer it doesn't complain at all!

I am starting to dread the phone ringing now...it's more likely someone complaining their extensions are lifting rather than booking an infill!! Also, there are so many non standard salons using MMA around here which my clients have been too in the past, that with regards to product durability i feel i have a hard act to follow, despite telling them all about the hazards and natural nail damage.

Feeling really FED UP!!!!!

It seems you are having a real confidence crisis here...........
Looking back on a previous post written by you........

http://www.samuelsweet.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=15386&highlight=#15386

You wrote:
I buff of the shine, push back cuticles, dehydrate, pre prime, tip blend, pre prime again and then acrylic primer before the ONS L&P overlay, but still seem to have problems with lifting (after anything from a couple of days to a week)...I'm starting to think I'm completely useless...Is it the product or me. Can anyone with experience of ONS comment?
I still feel the answer to all your problems is in the way you prep........

I wrote:
Maybe you are not prepping the nail well enough ??? remove all non living dead tissue ....... a buff wont do that, you will need to do some decent cuticle and side wall work here..................A major reason for lifting, on all systems............not much of a problem with MMA , as they don't leave much nail on the bed, never mind any cuticle crappy stuff!!!!!!!

Get some Creative cuticle remover, include this in your prepping......
Some advice on this can be found at this link:
http://www.samuelsweet.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2334

read all the posts on this and I am sure they will help you .........
so don't give up..........
hope this helps
love Ruth xxx

Hi TP!!!! I was exactly the same as you 2 months ago.... then I went with Creative! Now... the phone only EVER ring for fills or new appointments! Jxxx

Hi guys

Yep - start with the prep thing - cuticle removal is just so important and many systems don't stress this enough.

Some clients have more than others and sometimes you have to give Cuticle Remover a bit more time to start the swelling process. Don't use an orange stick or a hoof stick- use a metal tool - not only are these disinfectable but will also do a much more efficient job.

I honestly did not know what cuticle looked like until I saw what Cuticle Remover brings out of the plate!! :shock: SCARY MONSTERS!!

But also - your mix ratio may be wrong and you may be touching the skin with the product. Skin contains oil, no matter how much we prep, if we touch the skin with any system - you've had it.

PS no amount of water, oil, hand lotion, engine oil etc will make nails lift once the bond is set. If nails lift it's because something got in whilst the bond was setting.

Hope this helps xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back