Confidence crisis!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffydreams

Reaction score
Hi geeks
recently I've been having a confidence crisis in my work.
I've been working in the industry for six years and have been self employed for four of those years with a solid client base and many returning customers.

Even so, I still get a confidence crisis. I panic all night after I've spray tanned clients wondering if they are going to wear loose clothing, not sweat during the night etc.
I have nice compliments and clients have sent me photos of their tan the next day etc but I just can't help but worry, "what if?"

I'm having therapy for anxiety and panic attacks and physical treatment for health conditions and I'm wondering if this is maybe overflowing into my work life? I can't cope with the worry every time I do a spray tan/shellac/nail ext etc.

I will attach a photo of a recent spray tan in Coco Bay Dark of a regular client of mine. Some feedback would be much appreciated. The client is the bridesmaid on the right. Thankyou xx

Attachments

• danielle tan.jpg
    danielle tan.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 281
More photos of clients tan

Attachments

• danielle tan2.jpg
    danielle tan2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 229
  • danielle3.jpg
    danielle3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 230
Its hard to tell from the photos however if you have regular clients and good feedback what are you worrying about. lol now if you had bad feedback and no clients i would worry then. xxxx you are obviously doing a good job xxx

We all have times when our confidence is knocked with something, I have been a therapist for 11 years and am fully booked most of the time, have my own salon and some days still question myself !
Try not to worry too much, the tan looks fine x

Chin up hun :) from what I can see from the photos, the tan looks lovely, nice and natural looking too! Try not to be too hard on yourself (easier said than done) you're obviously doing very well. Well done, good for you :) xxx

you sound so similar to me. I am just like that. I have suffered from anxiety, insomnia (due to anxiety), panic attacks for a very long time and i worry about silly silly things. I used to work in corporates and I could go days withpout sleeping as I worried if something had gone wrong, maybe I had forgotten something important etc etc.. I never had. I was just constantly worrying about EVERYTHINg and things that others would not even give a second thought. so heres the news - your clients are happy, they return, they like what u do so remind yourself about this every day if u have to and TRY to worry less. I have managed to worry less (although I still do it) and you just have to think "well whats the worst that can happen"? and is it really THAT bad (whatever it is that COULD happen) if it did happen? no body is perfect, we all will make mistakes sometimes. Give urself a break ur doing great X

PS tan looks fab X

I think if you are getting so worked up after 6 years of maintaining a solid client base, it must be linked to your anxiety. Does your therapist know that you're being affected in this way?
I've been tanning for 7 years now and still have that 'what if' feeling if I have a bride, but generally know I have done a good job and if there were any problems that they can be fixed! I hope you can get some help with this, it must be exhausting xx

Hi Fluffy
It is hard to see from the pic but from what I can see the tan looks fine. If it will help you, I would be more than willing to drive to where you are and you can spray me and I will give you constructive feedback, you can do what you want to me, I would just love to be able to help you. I could spray you too if you like. Just let me know. Its not that far from me x

Thankyou for your lovely replies.

laneypants, my therapist doesn't know but I think I should probably tell her. She might be able to help, it is exhausting.

Kizzycat, that's very nice of you plus we both get a tan lol

xxx

Hiya Fluffy

What I see in pic Tan looks fab!:D

I like you have severe anxiety issues and unless you have actually suffered from it you simply don't know how awful it is! I take meds for it and I'm still anxious, I left a hugely well paid job to return to beauty and I'm barely making anything but we just have to stick with it and try to combat this anxiety thank goodness for SG and all the lovely ladies for the support we all get :D

Pm me anytime if you need to xxxxxx

ok fluffy *davina voice on* "I'm coming to get you! lol *davina voice off*

I am serious about the offer. pm me on here or you can find me on facebook - look for Tans To Go and add me and Ill work out a day I can come see you

We all feel like this from time to time. Just think if they are not happy they feel able to tell you and you can sort it. Deep breath and keep going xx

Hiya Fluffy

What I see in pic Tan looks fab!:D

I like you have severe anxiety issues and unless you have actually suffered from it you simply don't know how awful it is! I take meds for it and I'm still anxious, I left a hugely well paid job to return to beauty and I'm barely making anything but we just have to stick with it and try to combat this anxiety thank goodness for SG and all the lovely ladies for the support we all get :D

Pm me anytime if you need to xxxxxx

Hi couture, if you don't mind me asking do you have any techniques or tips to pass on in regards to anxiety? Or any recommendations for meds? Its nice to know I am not alone and I hope your anxiety becomes more bearable soon.
Thankyou for the support xxxxx

Also KizzyCat I have added you on facebook today :)

Latest posts

Back