Confidence gone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura ran

Reaction score
So ladies first time posting on here so please be nice but honest lol
I have been qualified in massage abs beauty for around 10 years I’m 33 .After 3 children and a lot of life stress I never really did anything with my qualifications did a little bit but then life got in the way :( .My youngest is now 2.5 and I’m thinking of myself now and want to make this work .I am enrolling on a level 2 hairdresser course at my local collage part time on September which I am very excited about xx .The problem is I have 0 confidence I don’t think I am good enough at anything:( I know this is my issue but can anybody give me any advice please xxxxx

So ladies first time posting on here so please be nice but honest lol
I have been qualified in massage abs beauty for around 10 years I’m 33 .After 3 children and a lot of life stress I never really did anything with my qualifications did a little bit but then life got in the way :( .My youngest is now 2.5 and I’m thinking of myself now and want to make this work .I am enrolling on a level 2 hairdresser course at my local collage part time on September which I am very excited about xx .The problem is I have 0 confidence I don’t think I am good enough at anything:( I know this is my issue but can anybody give me any advice please xxxxx

Welcome to the forum laura, you are in the right place for a little helping hand from some of us. I joined only in January and I am glad that I did. With a year of silent reading I finally decided to join up.

I am sure that you will start to gain confidence when you start college in september. I am also certain that you won't be the only one that is lacking in confidence, however with your previous qualifications and experience you will be in a better starting position than most of the other students.

Everyone working in our industry has times when they feel like they have a confidence issue...it is quite normal. As you gain more exposure to situations and client interaction it will get better. College will give you a good basis for your new life ahead , so give it time and in a few months you will be the geek helping newbies !!!

You are the perfect age with your children, and I wish you well. Are you planning working from a home based salon or as an employed hairdresser with beauty to back you up? Just wondered if you will continue your beauty along with it ? You have a great new start, so baby steps to gaining a new found confidence is all you need.
Good luck .x

Rossie thank you so so much for that lovely reply really needed it as well as a massive kick up the arse lol .Im planning on working from home with my beauty along side I am also volunteering in a hair salon to gain more experience and confidence xx I am a very good people person and seem to have no problem with customers but it’s my own self doubting that’s the problem think to many years of mind numbing Peppa pig has taken its toll lol xzzz

You will be fine, and I know you will love your new start. I began when my boys were very small and did a few college courses to build up my work skills. The salon experence will be a great way to build up gradually.
I have doubts and sometimes things do weigh heavily on my mind, but that's because I am very conscious of always trying to do my very best at all times. So you will probably always have some times when you feel wobbly, but that is because you care about what you do.
keep us posted
Rosie x

Thank you Rosie x means a lot I think that’s it I care a lot and I know that’s a good thing but also let’s doubt sneak in .I will definitely keep you posted thanks again hun nice to hear from a fellow mum xx

Hi Laura
I re-trained at 37 when my youngest started school full time and I think confidence isn’t built in a day but will grow with you. 16 years on I still get nervous with new clients just not so much!
I find this forum brilliant - I’m not here so much these days but there was a time when I’d log in several times a day for help and support as its hard working on your own.
Good luck, you can do it xx

Latest posts

Back