Confused about CND training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I did my training with several different companies, Shellac and Minx were with CND recently, but mani/pedi, gel and acrylic were with others and they were about 10 years ago.

So I thought, I actually would love to treat myself and do the whole damn lot again, mani, pedi, gel and acrylics, all with CND and using CND products. I know its going to cost a bit, but I feel I would benefit from up to date training with the best company (arguably - other brands are available lol) and after ten years or so of working, of course I've built up a decent and busy business but I would feel more confident after doing a total course.

So ... I google "CND complete nail training course" and up comes The Creative Beauty Group's website - ah yes, I think to myself, thats right, CND renamed themselves I think (or is it someone different running it?) I look at the various courses, and no CND products are being used - Mani/Pedi courses are using Pure Organics, and the acrylic course seems to use "Skyscraper" products??

Is it not possible to train with CND using CND products any more?

Is anyone able to advise/help?

Look up Sweet Squared, Leeds.

I will, thank you. I have the sweet squared brochure and some of the educators in there are the exact same ones as mentioned on the Creative Beauty Group site, theres one about 10 miles from me, and where I did my shellac and minx training. Still confused. I will ring S2 Monday, I wondered if anyone could clarify for me before then. x

:sad: sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I did Shellac brings 'em back at Sweet Squared in Leeds, and I loved it! Hopefully you will get something sorted out on Monday :)

The Creative Beauty Group is the former Creative Academy Bournemouth; they are now no longer affiliated with S2.

The S2 website should have some details of your local trainers on it and classes, etc.

What about some 121 time; would you benefit from that rather than starting right from the beginning?

The Creative Beauty Group is the former Creative Academy Bournemouth; they are now no longer affiliated with S2.

The S2 website should have some details of your local trainers on it and classes, etc.

What about some 121 time; would you benefit from that rather than starting right from the beginning?

Maybe. I just fancied doing the whole thing, thoroughly, bit by bit again. Making sure I haven't picked up any bad habits! I would expect it to be not exactly a breeze, for sure, but a lot easier after 10 years doing nails than a complete beginner, and I feel like my brain could do with absorbing lots of info etc. Plus its fun, isn't it - I work completely on my own and I find classes are great for meeting other techs. Going to check out the S2 website now, I dont know why I didnt think of that:o

No mani/pedi courses with S2 is that right?

Blossom, you need Hannah Rowland at CND Hampshire in Ringwood.

Maybe. I just fancied doing the whole thing, thoroughly, bit by bit again. Making sure I haven't picked up any bad habits! I would expect it to be not exactly a breeze, for sure, but a lot easier after 10 years doing nails than a complete beginner, and I feel like my brain could do with absorbing lots of info etc. Plus its fun, isn't it - I work completely on my own and I find classes are great for meeting other techs. Going to check out the S2 website now, I dont know why I didnt think of that:o

I know what you mean. I love training. I did my whole weeks environ skin training for a second time and loved every bit of it.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

My training has been through sweet squared.

It allowed memtomget insurance, qualifications etc and I've enjoyed it so much I'm looking at further courses. :)

I was literally in the same predicament as you over the last year or two having previously trained with college and decided to retrain using a complete CND system.
My best advice is to ring up sweet squared. That's what I did, and they were fantastic. Make sure you have a pen and paper to hand! They will tell you all the figures, if you just need a conversion course (you will still learn a lot of the conversion, trust me) and when and where you can start.

All the best, and good luck! X

Exactly what I was going to say with regards to Bournemouth Academy and my thoughts on the training .... I think you'll not gain tonnes of new knowledge you already know what the order is to the a pedi and the products with CND Mani and Pedi are self explanatory to a point I love most of the products however the pedi purple marine scrub could be better I think I don't think it is the greatest :) x x

Blossom I can send you Hannah's email address if you PM me yours I'll email it to you x

Thank you so much, thats perfect xxx

I've been on some training with Hannah and the location is perfect. Just off the A31 and in a pedestrianised area of lovely little shops including somewhere to get your lunch and Waitrose etc. There is a huge carpark that serves the shops and Hannah's salon/training venue too.

Latest posts

Back