Confused about grants and pay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanyer21

Nail addict
Reaction score
Help... I'm totally stressed and baffled. I'm at extremely small business only working 2 days a week and have a girl working for me 14 hours who doesnt pay tax etc. So if I close my salon do I nee to pay her ? I'm so confused by it all. I heard the government pay 80. Percent will she have to sort that or me pay then get it back. I couldn't afford to do that . Then this £10k grant . . Is that to be paid back after this is all over ? Is that to cover my rent bills and paying my employee . I'm so confused by it all.

See the guide pinned at the top of all threads. Hopefully this will help. Let me know if any questions.

See the guide pinned at the top of all threads. Hopefully this will help. Let me know if any questions.
I have read the guide but I'm still not sure . If I closed the shop now do I need to pay her or can I wait tillthe goverment pays the 80 percent for her . Also do I need to pay her the extra 20

If you close, make sure you make her ‘furloughed’ (just tell her she is). The mechanism for getting the 80% from the govt is yet to be published. We await. So if you can pay her, you should.
You donot have to pay her the 20%. That’s your personal decision.

If you close, make sure you make her ‘furloughed’ (just tell her she is). The mechanism for getting the 80% from the govt is yet to be published. We await. So if you can pay her, you should.
You donot have to pay her the 20%. That’s your personal decision.
Thankyou . She is not on my payroll system as she only doesn't meet the criteria making £118 a week to be on it. Will the goverment still be paying for employees not on payroll system

I would guess yes but we’re still awaiting the detail.

Latest posts

Back