confused about the drill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdesigns

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Im looking at purchasing a nail drill, I have been a nail technician for approx. 5 months, I have been getting my own nails done for approx. 7 years and it definatly saves time by using a drill especially if the client likes a different colour acrylic each month, I have no idea what to look for or where to look to buy.

I have spoken to few local technicians and they all say something different, some say you shouldnt need a drill and they are to dangerous, some say you need to spend about $1000.00 to get anything worth using, and some say buy cheap because they are all the same.

IDid my Nail training through Creative nail acadamy in Perth, I couldnt have asked for a better Teacher and company but most of you probably know they do not use or recommend drills in there systems.

Iam very confused
icon_question.gif

B designs

E-files are used by lots of techs worldwide and many tech find that they can do a set of nails much quicker by using a e-file I would say get some training in using a e-file.

Hello everyone,

Im looking at purchasing a nail drill, I have been a nail technician for approx. 5 months, I have been getting my own nails done for approx. 7 years and it definatly saves time by using a drill especially if the client likes a different colour acrylic each month, I have no idea what to look for or where to look to buy.

I have spoken to few local technicians and they all say something different, some say you shouldnt need a drill and they are to dangerous, some say you need to spend about $1000.00 to get anything worth using, and some say buy cheap because they are all the same.

IDid my Nail training through Creative nail acadamy in Perth, I couldnt have asked for a better Teacher and company but most of you probably know they do not use or recommend drills in there systems.

Iam very confused
icon_question.gif

B designs
I personally hate the word 'drill'. Drills create holes. Electric nail files file gel or L&P product but should never be used on the natural nail and only in the hands of a properly trained technician.

Some geeks will support the fact that correct manual filing is better than using an electric file. I don't dispute this, but I have an e-file and wouldn't be without mine. Great for filing hard skin in pedis too (with training of course).

i love my e-file, it helps me prevent my old war wound from playing up ! well, its really a back and neck injury from a car accident:lol:

i would agree that a quality file is the way to go as you will find that less expensive models do have a fair amount of vibration which makes them difficult to use and tiring to the user. also look for one with a quality motor that you wont need to run on top speed to get any use from it. it will perform better and last longer.

i use kupa 3000, i have had 5 years trouble free performance from it.

E-files are used by lots of techs worldwide and many tech find that they can do a set of nails much quicker by using a e-file I would say get some training in using a e-file.

I Love:hug: me E-file and please dont take it away from me. Yes I was onl of the techs who said e-file not me no way no how.

But with the correct training there is not damage to your client and much quicker to use

I use an e file and love it,
make absolutely sure you get training to use it though,
once trained they are easy to use but without training they are a lethal weapon lol
you should check with creative about training because i know that in the UK they are to be offering courses soon for the e file hth

I have a Kupa mani pro and my life is so much easier with it!! ......than before I had it

I still do the majority of my filing by hand but when it comes time for a re-balance, removing gels,removing thick acrylic from someone else....my e-file not only saves on my wrist.....but it saves on time!

I love it ...have a small one that i bought from creative a couple of years ago...it does magic on pedicures ...and not only...but also good to know that im trained in using it :)...done it in 2003...xxx

Latest posts

Back