Confused and feeling disheartened

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazzlingDetails

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm really hoping someone can shed some light on where I'm going wrong...
I have been doing this particular clients nails since January with Shellac and up until recently have had no problems what so ever, she comes back every fortnight for removal and reapplication all done exactly as I was taught by my CND educator and using the full system. Anyway about two months ago she came to her appointment with three missing altogether, she has never even had so much as a chip before, it was very bizarre so we both assumed it was a one off and thought nothing of it, so removed and re applied...the next fortnight she comes and has had the same problem including some chips so I decided to use some Brisa lite underneath thinking this may solve the problem, and she was about to leave for a fortnight holiday so didn't want to take any chances, however on her next appointment virtually all the Brisa lite had snapped away from the cuticle to half way down the nail bed and some were missing altogether, so I suggested Brisa Lite Sculpting gel as an overlay for extra support thinking surely nothing can happen to them but I've just received a text to say one has popped off and that her thumb looks like it's lifting...I do trust that she isn't picking them as I have had no problems with doing her nails since January up until this last couple of months, I've asked if she has changed her lifestyle in any way but she hasn't and now she is asking if maybe her nails need a break, i don't want to lose her as a client as i am just building up my business and i know from my educator that if applied and maintained correctly they shouldn't need a break, can anyone help??? I do thorough PEP and am just at a loss as to what next?!?!?!
Thanks in advance
💋💋

Have you asked about her health and about medication, new hand or face creams, cleaning products, is she using solar oil regularly could be he of these that's causing an issue.

You mention that they are snapping away from the cuticle. No correctly prepped nail should have any cuticle. I assume you mean the skin fold at the base of the nail, which is the eponychium. If any cuticle is left in place this will result in lifting.

Could you perhaps be placing the Shellac against the eponychium?

Are you applying it too thickly?

Are your lamps in full working order so that the Shellac is curing properly?

Is your client sure she has in no way changed her lifestyle, i.e. using different household chemicals at home or anything which may have a drying effect causing the Shellac to become brittle?

Is your client regularly using solar oil?

Are they the same nails that are peeling every time?

Thanks ladies but it's not any of the above, I've just seen her now to repair the thumb that came off and asked her again everything that's already been mentioned and she has assured me nothing has changed home & health wise, I just don't get how it go from absolutely fine, no problems for months to all of a sudden problem after problem, yet neither of us are doing anything different??? 💋💋💋

Have you checked your bulbs??

Yes, they are all on and have 30 hours left, do you think I should change them??? The two nails that needed fixing were both her thumbs today, the one that had popped off and the other had lifted halfway across from the sidewall xxx

virtually all the Brisa lite had snapped away from the cuticle to half way down the nail bed and some were missing altogether
💋💋

This is the bit that would worry me, 'snapped away' or picked away? I'm sorry but I assume you haven't changed your application - no-one else has started to have problems? So it must be your client - is she stressed and picking? The amount of people that pick and play with their nails and swear blind they don't! Apart from having a problem with your bulbs - I can't see it would be your fault and if no-one else is having a problem, it can't be your bulbs. HTH's xx

Did you turn the bulbs at 50 hrs?? If not I'd def do that also I would give them a good clean.

Always hard trying to find a reason when this sort of thing happens, when nothing has changed.

Latest posts

Back