Confused,disappointed,and A Little Hacked Off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maguire

Reaction score
:confused:(I am mobile) I have just come back from starting to do a set of nails, got all my gear in the car table and equip', got to the ladies house set my stall up, did the prep and and the tips, started to put the p&w acrylics on, did little finger,ring finger and just about to start the middle finger on the first hand when she turned round and said I am sorry but I don't want them anymore, I asked why and she said she just didn't want them, I asked if there was a problem with the 2 that I had done she said she did not like them that they are slightly bumpy,:irked: I said I had not finished that when I had completed all nails that they would be filed and buffed and they would be perfect, but she did not want them finished, so I told her she would still have to pay for my time and trouble which she did begrudgingly,
So what happened? or are some people like this, her boyfreind had arrived and I think she wanted to be with him, it still has not done my confidence much good, I know I have only been doing nails for approx 7mths but my sets are quite good my smiles are good.
Have any of you other geeks had this done to them.:irked:

How rude of her!!!!!!!! I've never had an experience like this, I am astounded!! Well done for making her pay for your time though. Is this the first time she has ever had enhancements? Perhaps she doesnt realise that they have to be filed and buffed to get that sleek shiny finish.

Dont let it knock your confidence. If you really are worried, do some nails on a friend for free in exchange for an honest opinion, or perhaps book some skill building with your tutor?

Whatever you decide to do, do dwell on it, that type of client is the type you can do without.

Good luck dear :green:

Well that is a little tough isn't it but don't let it knock you back.

She had her own reasons and I'm sure your work was perfectly nice but some peeps get cold feet or plain just change their mind and that is their right ... at least you were perfectly professional and asked for your money which was absolutely the right thing to do.

Do not take it personally. It's not personal. Too many people take things personally when it's nothing to do with you personally. She maybe didn't like the feel of them whatever it wasn't YOU.

It doesnt do much for your confidence does it Lyn....again this is where the "thick skin" has to step in:lol:

Dont let it knock you,and im glad you charged her the same,after all its your time and product used,and your service aswell.:hug::hug:

Yes i agree thats a client you could do without. How awkward for you both, I can understand why your feeling so fed up. It sounds like she wasn't that confident about having them done to be honest, got cold feet- had she ever had them done anywhere else before :!:

:) Thanks for your kind comments, I did ask her before I had started if she had them done before, she said she had but quite a while ago, when I am not working on clients I am always on my nail trainer, at least 3 to 4 times a week and I know my work is't as good as someone who has been in the industry for years, but I think my work is more than acceptable, even though I say so myself. I suppose I shall have to put it down to experience.

It's a shame if this type of thing happens.

When I first started in nail enhancements years ago, I can remember one client telling me she thought my nails were 'crap', and that another salon had told her they were the worst they had ever seen. I hadn't long completed my initial training, and thought I was ready to 'Do Nails'....

I went home and cried.... but was not ready to give up yet!

Then, I did more and more training until I knew my nails were the best in town... Even now, I still complete any training I can get hold of, to ensure my nails stay the best.... or cetainly as good as they can get.

Don't let people make you feel down about something which you obviously enjoy, we all have our setbacks; its how we deal with them that counts.

I agree with 'chelle, do a set on a friend you can trust to give you honest criticism. Don't expect to be perfect, just do your best. Its early days yet and remember,we never stop learning!

Sue x

put this one down as experience lyn huni and dont let her knock your confidence.....some people are rude and dont care what they say ...they dont realise what effect it has on a person until it happens to them.....pick yourself up....dust yourself down and forget about her....your doing all you can....think of the clients you have done who have been pleased with your work huni and dont concentrate on this rude woman xxx:hug:

:) Thanks for your replies you have made me feel a bit better now.

:) Thanks for your replies you have made me feel a bit better now.

Good for you....and well done by sticking to your right to charge her...many wouldn't have and would have crumbled in those circumstances....you did VERY well.:hug:

sounds like she made it an excuse as she wanted to be with her boyfriend.

sounds like she made it an excuse as she wanted to be with her boyfriend.
Sounds like it.....fair play for charging for your time.....maybe you could have pursuaded her to let you finish one nail so she could have seen the end product.....I guess that's one of the pitfalls that comes when going mobile and entering clients space as opposed to salon when they are coming into your environment.

You did the right thing and don't be put off by it x

Well done to you for charging her. Way to go.

I really feel for you but well done for charging her i would have run away with my tail between my legs! Some people are strange! dont let it get you down i think that with bad stuff you learn more and it pushes you forward, dont worry about it.:hug::hug:

well done !!!!

You did the right thing you kept your personal feelings out of it you handled your self professionaly. Good Job we are proud of you

:confused:(I am mobile) I have just come back from starting to do a set of nails, got all my gear in the car table and equip', got to the ladies house set my stall up, did the prep and and the tips, started to put the p&w acrylics on, did little finger,ring finger and just about to start the middle finger on the first hand when she turned round and said I am sorry but I don't want them anymore, I asked why and she said she just didn't want them, I asked if there was a problem with the 2 that I had done she said she did not like them that they are slightly bumpy,:irked: I said I had not finished that when I had completed all nails that they would be filed and buffed and they would be perfect, but she did not want them finished, so I told her she would still have to pay for my time and trouble which she did begrudgingly,
So what happened? or are some people like this, her boyfreind had arrived and I think she wanted to be with him, it still has not done my confidence much good, I know I have only been doing nails for approx 7mths but my sets are quite good my smiles are good.
Have any of you other geeks had this done to them.:irked:

Oh mate what an awful thing to happen to you.
It must have really knocked your confidence to say the least:hug:
What you could have done was finished one nail and showed her how it looked?? (whether she liked it or not)
And then I would have charged her full price anyway.
Please don't let this put you off. xxx

Howdy , If her fella had just walked in I reckon she may have wanted a roll in the hay with her old man :lol: ,
or you never know he may be a Nark or something and had to stop the treatment because of him :hug: x
beleive me you're nails cannot be as dire as mine LOL :lol: x

You know what?

It really doesn't matter what the woman's reasons were for stopping the treatment; and we can all say nice things to make you feel better about it but THE POINT is YOU shouldn't be feeling bad about it.

You know yourself whether the nails looked bad or not and if they didn't then she obviously had other reasons and it was nothing to do with you or your nails.

You got paid for your time. You really have to forget these things and move on.

If people take things to heart so much, then nails really isn't the right business for them to be in. You take allot of flack in the nail business. Women 'try it on' all the time to get free nail replacements every time they break a nail. They love to blame the technician and take no responsibility for what THEY do to them. Imagine how we would feel if we took all that kind of thing personally every time. We'd give up in a heart beat. It wouldn't be worth the emotional strain.

As your confidence builds, you will become less affected by 'things'. So, as I said earlier along with many others. DON'T let this small episode make you less confident. Something like this is unlikely to happen frequently if ever again. Let it go past you.

Latest posts

Back