Confused, gel polish brand for newbie - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else find that the ink London website is not particularly user friendly? I find the colours are hard to see properly and really annoying that they're not in any particular colour order. If wonder if there are any ways around this that I haven't yet discovered...

Does anyone else find that the ink London website is not particularly user friendly? I find the colours are hard to see properly and really annoying that they're not in any particular colour order. If wonder if there are any ways around this that I haven't yet discovered...
Yes this is what puts me off a little.

I went with the Gel Bottle my first order was a tad slow but two since have been with me within two days!

I went with a brand I felt I would be happy to use myself as a client.

Massively impressed with their Biab.

Flubber is a base coat so no need to apply anything else after you've prepped the nails. You could apply another layer on top of colour, before top coat if you want to (although they do a Flubber top coat as well), but I haven't needed to do this. It will take longer to soak off if that's what you'll be doing though.
I use INK's lamp so can't comment on curing with another lamp, although advice I've heard is to double cure if you are trialling another brand. Flubber is 60 seconds in the INK lamp. ILac is 30 seconds for the first coat and 60 seconds for extra coats. I always cure Rock Top for 60 seconds as well. Good luckk

Excellent advice , thankyou so much
xx

Ikon.iQ is the best on the market currently. You get a free lamp when you purchase their gel products, so you know that you are using the correct equipment.
ikoniqnails.com

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option to filter them into colour order, which would be helpful.
I don't have any problem with seeing what the true colours are though as each pic of each bottle of ILac has a nail ring with the colour painted on, so that's as accurate as your monitor/screen will allow.

Do they have a good colour range.? I have had a quick look but don't really no much about them.

Do they have a good colour range.? I have had a quick look but don't really no much about them.

Ikon.iq or INK?

Ikon.iq have just over 100 Prima gel colours I believe, but this will be increasing as they are still new.

INK have just bought out their latest collection which takes them up to 175 colours in their ILac range so far.

Ikon.iQ? There are many more colours in the pipeline with this brand, but they also have a full range of hard gels and acrylics, so anything you will need for your nail business going forward. The most important aspect is that they are hypo allergenic and with more and more people suffering from allergies to nail products, this is a huge selling point to your clients. Plus they apply in one colour coat. Yes! One coat. I'm just about to put in my second order..

And no, I'm not on their payroll :)

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks Beautiful-you and Ch-ela for mentioning the IKON.IQ PRIMA gel polishes. We launched this new range at Olympia Beauty last year with 45 colours, and now have 102 colours with more due for release in June. Each colour takes up to 3 days to colour match the pigments to our target colour, so we are working really hard and fast :).

Our company though is not new. We started in Sweden in 2009, have our main EU sales office in Germany since 2014 and created our UK company last year. We also have distributors in several countries.

If anyone is interested to see and test our products, we are running free "See & Try" events across the UK from 29th May to 9th June. Some locations are fully booked, but there are some spaces available at other locations: https://ikoniqnails.com/events

Iryna will show the optimum application technique for each product and then you can test for yourself. Did I mention, it's free :)

Yes, I find exactly the same!

Hi, I think it also good to decide if you like working with a hybrid gel like gelish or CND. Or if you like 100% gel polishes. I prefer 100% gel and like brands such as light elegance or le chat, aksentz or ugly duckling.

Latest posts

Back