Confused, hot hot highlights !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
has anyone heard of anything like this....The stylist that works in the salon where i do my nails had a girl in the other day for high lift foils, she did a stand test in foil and it was fine, when she came to do the girls hair each section she did was taking in literally 10 mins and had to be taken off as it was sooo hot, when she finished she did a compatibilty test to see what was going on and it boiled !!! showing, as we thought, metalic salts in the hair, the girls swears blind she hasnt put colour or henna on ??? why would the strand test be ok but have this sort of reaction with a compatibilty test ?

cant say iv heard of it but sounds definately like metallic salts which are found in all cheap high st shops like superdrugs own brands.

is it possible shes put something on inbetween the strand test and the incomp test?

did the stylist take enough hair to actually see a reaction or keep on eye whilst it was developing instead of goin off and doin something else?

quite frankly people say they dont do things when they quite clearly have so maybe u should take her word with a pinch of metallic salt to :p lol

and how did the hair actually turn out??

yikes defo sounds like incompatability, but then in sayin that my lil sis, who only gets her hair done by me had this happen to, the foil swoll up and bubbled throo so i jus rinsed the lot and gave her a lecture bpout colouring her hair and she swore she hadnt too. . apparently some deposits in hairspray and mousse can react to, but not to this extent surely?

some shampoos if not rinsed out can get hot and swell ,ive not seen boiling thou

thanks for all you replies, i'l pass the info on, i inclined to think that she has used a shampoo, maybe a henner shampoo ans not rinsed it enough, its tricky tho because there is such a minimal amount of henna in them

Seen it before if they're on well or spring water at home can deposit metallic salts

Yeh living in cornwall I got a friend who lived on a farm and used their own water supply!! OMG!!! Their head nearly blew off when they put on a home dye she showed me her hair that was tufts when i did my training I realised what it was, the water also used to turn her blonde hair green!!!xx:eek:(she has her own place now and I do her hair but we still laugh about the tufts!!!)

Latest posts

Back