Confused on pricing, Minx and Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracys Beauty

Serenity Beauty Boutique
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have done shellac which I charge £20 for and was told by someone at sweet squared it shouldn't be lower than £25 but I live in a very small town and there is someone offering gel polish for £15, I don't no which brand but I don't won't to be to high, I have just got a minx kit and was going to charge £20 for it but they also said it should be lower than the shellac, I don't really want to charge under £20 for this service,

What do you charge for them if you use both products and what would you charge for minx big toes and shellac on the rest???

Thanks in advance Tracy x

Im not much help but in this pricing quandary too! I am in Essex to and it seems shellac is priced anything from £15-30. Didn't no that sweet recommmend not lower than£ 25 tho x

Hi,
I use geleration, not shellac and I charge
£29 for colour
£32 for french
Add £3 for removal when reapplied.
I charge £27 for mind mini pedi and £29 if having it removed and reapplied x

SS are only making recommendations , you can charge what ever you feel is appropriate for your area x

i was told that shellac should be 50% more than your basic manicure, for me that would be 24 but i charge 25 for bio overlays so i have done shellac for 18, i work from home so dont have as many overheads as some and needed to be competitive in my area as well as bring clients in. I wanted to charge more for shellac but when i researched it just wasnt possible.

for anything though when you want to work out price work out cost of product/products and work out how many you can get out of a set etc, then add how much time it takes you to do (work out what you want as an hourly rate and divide) then add a percentage on top for profit

for example: if product works out at £5 and you want £10 hourly rate but only takes you half hour and you want to make a 50% profit then you would charge £20

I charge £22 for Shellac, this includes removal if they come back for a re- Shellac. Minx is £25. Yes, there is always someone doing it cheaper but always charge what your service and time are worth x

I charge

Shellac colour £25
Shellac French £27
Re shellac colour £26
Re shellac French £27

take off,file and oil £12

Minx £25

There are too many people in my area that charge too cheap like £12 for shellac. I have a higher end of clients who will pay for my service so my prices won't go lower. X

I was told on Shellac training that the price should start at £20-£25, depending on your area.

Thanks for all your replies, I think I'm going to stick with £20 for shellac and possibly £20 or £25 for the minx, how would you price just the big toes in minx x

imo Minx should be priced higher than Shellac as the product cost is more expensive.
In an ideal world, the best Brands that have amazing marketing and education eg, CND, Dermalogica, St tropez, Wella etc, should have their techs charge the upper end of the price range to keep the brand where it deserves to be.
However, we are not currently in an ideal world, so people have to do what they have to do.
I would however say that charging lower than most of your compitition sends a message to prospective clients, and believe me, its not a positive message!

I charge £24 for shellac mani or pedi, £28 for shellac luxury mani or pedi.. £26 for minx mani or pedi and £30 for minx luxury mani or pedi.. There are people who are alot cheaper than me but i do not rush my clients out the door, they get tea/coffee/biscuits and generally a bit of a pamper, i feel i charge what the treatment is worth and havent had any complaints so stick to you guns and charge what you feel is appropriate :) it will always depend on your area and your competition.. I know of salons charging £15 for minx (although i do know one salon is actually using trendys) but i still have regular minx clients.. :)

imo Minx should be priced higher than Shellac as the product cost is more expensive.
In an ideal world, the best Brands that have amazing marketing and education eg, CND, Dermalogica, St tropez, Wella etc, should have their techs charge the upper end of the price range to keep the brand where it deserves to be.
However, we are not currently in an ideal world, so people have to do what they have to do.
I would however say that charging lower than most of your compitition sends a message to prospective clients, and believe me, its not a positive message!

Thanks and I thought minx should be more as it costs more to do than the shellac, i don't know any other salon offering minx and think it will do really well, fingers crossed x

I charge £24 for shellac mani or pedi, £28 for shellac luxury mani or pedi.. £26 for minx mani or pedi and £30 for minx luxury mani or pedi.. There are people who are alot cheaper than me but i do not rush my clients out the door, they get tea/coffee/biscuits and generally a bit of a pamper, i feel i charge what the treatment is worth and havent had any complaints so stick to you guns and charge what you feel is appropriate :) it will always depend on your area and your competition.. I know of salons charging £15 for minx (although i do know one salon is actually using trendys) but i still have regular minx clients.. :)

Would you minx before a luxury manicure and also I charge £28 for my Spa manicure so what would I charge for minx as well x

Would you minx before a luxury manicure and also I charge £28 for my Spa manicure so what would I charge for minx as well x

I dont include a soak in my luxury pedi..Although i know some do a very quick soak with minx i do a exfoliation and wipe with heated mits and then do a massage.. I do this after i have applied the minx and I charge an extra £4 for that!!

I dont include a soak in my luxury pedi..Although i know some do a very quick soak with minx i do a exfoliation and wipe with heated mits and then do a massage.. I do this after i have applied the minx and I charge an extra £4 for that!!

Thanks cat so if I was to charge £5 on top of any manicure would this seem ok,

Latest posts

Back