Confused student, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gem81

Reaction score
Hello there. I'm studying for my Nail Tech NVQ2 and I just wanted to say I've found this site a really valuble tool in writing my assignments (hence registering!). I do however have one question on my VR74 assignment 2 that I can't find a direct answer for on here so I thought I might ask for your help!

The question is, "Why is it important not to become directly involved with clients"? Any thoughts on this? I don't want to put the wrong thing and fail, as I've worked really hard on the rest of this assignment! :|

Thanks! x :lol:

Hiya ... Geeg is great with these as she wont give you the answer but re-words the questions to make them easier to understand...and figure out.

i guess you have to think about what could happen if you were to become TO friendly on a personal level......going out together....could this new friendship go sour...? how could this affect your business...?

How could this new client turned friend affect the charging her side of things...??

hope this helps a bit. xx

Well without doing the assigment for you hun, what do you think is the reasons not to come directly involved?
Professionalism? What have you thought about it? x

Not to get sucked into any private matters.... You can guarentee that she will be your next clients aunt, mother, cousin, best mate,,,,, knows someone who knows some who knows you said this that and the other!!! lol

I know you should keep your work and private life separate but everything I put seems so vague. I can't seem to think of a concrete reason why your clients can't be friends. What a nightmare. This is in tomorrow :p

what have you put so far...?

f) Why is it important not to become directly involved with clients?

It is professional to keep your work and private life separate. Being directly involved with clients as friends or otherwise can complicate professional practice. For example a client that becomes a close friend may want discounted or free treatments. If this happens word can spread and other clients noses may be put out of joint. They may be upset that they haven’t also been given special treatment. You can almost guarantee that a client who becomes a close friend will also be another clients friend, aunt, sister or acquaintance in some other way. Also, if friendships go sour it may impact business.

Thats it. I think it needs more.

f) Why is it important not to become directly involved with clients?

It is professional to keep your work and private life separate. Being directly involved with clients as friends or otherwise can complicate professional practice. For example a client that becomes a close friend may want discounted or free treatments. If this happens word can spread and other clients noses may be put out of joint. They may be upset that they haven’t also been given special treatment. You can almost guarantee that a client who becomes a close friend will also be another clients friend, aunt, sister or acquaintance in some other way. Also, if friendships go sour it may impact business.

Thats it. I think it needs more.
I think you've pretty much covered it all hun! :hug:

Hooray. I'll finish there then!

Any further comments though are appreciated! Last minute alterations can be made!

Thanks all. This place rocks!

:Love:

You need to act like a professional at all times and by being too much of a friend you become too personally involved in clients lives.

why dont u expand on the 'if freindships go sour, it can affect the buisness'? how will it affect the business? what could that friend do or say to make your buisnesses reputation become affected? just expand on that bit and i reckon youve covered everything!:)

Hooray. I'll finish there then!

Any further comments though are appreciated! Last minute alterations can be made!

Thanks all. This place rocks!

:Love:

best of luck hun xxx

why dont u expand on the 'if freindships go sour, it can affect the buisness'? how will it affect the business? what could that friend do or say to make your buisnesses reputation become affected? just expand on that bit and i reckon youve covered everything!:)
Oooooh yeah, that a good point too!!

Hi.. i teach this and have just covered it with my students.. your answer looks correct about professional conduct but pm me if you want more details...i dont think your answer is vague at all. its basically because its vital to keep it a client/therapist relationship at all times in order to keep professional standards.. HTH...

Last edited:
Fab answers and advice have been given, and theres nothing better than being pointed in the right direction, then finding the answer yourself ..

Id just say once you're qualified babe follow this questions answer...

Its so easy to really like a client and before you know it your going round for a brew,and going out shopping together,
then along comes the " oh i could reallydo with my infils...but im soooo skint"

or they pop round for a cupper and convieiently drop into conversation how they have broke a nail..while looking after the 3 boys and have no money to get it repaired...so will just have to bite the rest off :irked:..
they know all the tricks !

I fall for it every bloomin time even though im fully aware now that i am being used :grr:

i think you have answered the question well but maybe putting in a example may help

Thanks alot everyone, things seem alot clearer now. I've been wondering what I was so confused about in the first place.

Ta x

Latest posts

Back