Confused - UV Lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasmum

Reaction score
I am so confused right now. I have just got off the phone with OPI to check whether the OPI Axxium soak off gels can be cured with a Brisa lamp. I was told that as long as you use at least 2 x 9 Watts or 18 Watts total light no problem. That the gel would be cured and that you can not over cure a gel. Now please don't have a go at me I am just repeating what I was told.

As I really liked the sound of the Shellac I wanted to go with the Brisa lamp but I also liked the idea of soak off gels like the axxium for NNOs and possible sculpture of nails. But on the other hand having read numerous threads on here about under and over curing of gels I am completely paranoid now. Does CND do a soak off gel similar to axxium. Am I right in believing that Brisa gel is a buff off gel? If there is a CND alternative to OPI Axxium soak off?

I use a lcn lamp to cure all my gel, Brisa and Axxium and have absolutely no problems. It is a 4 bulb 36 watt lamp, just like the brisa lamp. I did once buy a cheap 36 watt lamp from the internet but had problems with lifting, so I think there is definately a difference in the quality of the cheaper and more expensive lamps and bulbs.

I use a lcn lamp to cure all my gel, Brisa and Axxium and have absolutely no problems. It is a 4 bulb 36 watt lamp, just like the brisa lamp. I did once buy a cheap 36 watt lamp from the internet but had problems with lifting, so I think there is definately a difference in the quality of the cheaper and more expensive lamps and bulbs.

I think both of you would benefir from reading this :Look_righ http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/109719-every-user-uv-gels-should-read.html

:wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back