Confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky

Southern Geek
Reaction score
Firstly i can't beleive iv only just found this site, its so helpful! thank you all.
I trained with Star Nails (not sure if im aloud to say that) but im interested in Creative training. Has anyone out there trained in both? If so what are the differances? and would it be a bonus to train with Creative? sorry for so many questions but its nice to know that there are so many people out there like me!

Hi Vicky, Firstly welcome to the site, it doesn't matter that you mentioned which company you trained with, this is not a product related site. We are all here to help each other with any tips and advice. I trained using star nails products at college and the done a conversion course with creative and havent looked back since. Why dont you phone the educational dept on 0113 2750433 and have a chat with them.

David

Hi Vicky

I like David did a conversion course with Creative, just wish I'd found them sooner and done the foundation course.

But then this site has taught me so much, it made me realise how little I learnt with my first lot of training, plus the fact there is always someone here or on the end of the phone with help and advise if needed.

Also, i find the products superior coupled with a more in depth knowledge that i now have, hey, one day I could be a great nail tech! :D (ever hopeful!)

I'd say go for it, it's good to keep training and you couldn't choose a better company. Don't want to sound like i'm **** licking, I just say as i find!

Suey x

Star nails does a fantastic job bringing people into the industry in general and creating the interest from readily avaialble products at rock bottom prices.

If I were you I would take a neutral point of view and get info. from:

OPI,
LCN,
EZ FLOW,
Creative,
AZKENT,
GRAFTON (ibd,etc)
Millenium,
Oydessey,
NSI,
Backscratchers,
Alessandro,
The Edge,
Ceteum,

as your on the internet do a search there are about 40 companies in the UK.

Basically you want a product that will serve your commercial needs and give you pleasure to work with.

Ring them all and get an info. pack. Weigh up the pros and cons on cost of product and training and future products etc, you would be surprised how the costs vary when you add it all up from start of training to end. Don't be caught out by the attractiveness of "starter" training add in all the training they offer and the full cost of products used as invariably they make you buy "extra" products on the first day to make their "starter packs" look cheap.

From what I understand EZ Flow has got the best commercial L & P at the moment. But that's only an opinion garnered from the trade.

Even more importantly ask about the profitability, one product may seem cheap until you realise how much you have to use to make a full set!:D

Also look for something which has a full range of products and a genuine concept behind their products with new products coming out as well. This way as your business grows you don't have to find other suppliers. Beware of companies that have "bolt-on manicure and pedicure" that are afterthoughts. Invariably you'll need another supplier!

PLAYDAY1 said:
Star nails does a fantastic job bringing people into the industry in general and creating the interest from readily avaialble products at rock bottom prices.

If I were you I would take a neutral point of view and get info. from:

OPI,
LCN,
EZ FLOW,
Creative,
AZKENT,
GRAFTON (ibd,etc)
Millenium,
Oydessey,
NSI,
Backscratchers,
Alessandro,
The Edge,
Ceteum,

as your on the internet do a search there are about 40 companies in the UK.

Basically you want a product that will serve your commercial needs and give you pleasure to work with.

Ring them all and get an info. pack. Weigh up the pros and cons on cost of product and training and future products etc, you would be surprised how the costs vary when you add it all up from start of training to end. Don't be caught out by the attractiveness of "starter" training add in all the training they offer and the full cost of products used as invariably they make you buy "extra" products on the first day to make their "starter packs" look cheap.

From what I understand EZ Flow has got the best commercial L & P at the moment. But that's only an opinion garnered from the trade.

Even more importantly ask about the profitability, one product may seem cheap until you realise how much you have to use to make a full set!:D

Also look for something which has a full range of products and a genuine concept behind their products with new products coming out as well. This way as your business grows you don't have to find other suppliers. Beware of companies that have "bolt-on manicure and pedicure" that are afterthoughts. Invariably you'll need another supplier!
Hiya,
Excellent post PLAYDAY1:D i think you have to shop around as there are so many good trainers and company's....find the one that suits you the most.....i believe that you have to keep learning, it's never ending...the trainer who taught me was inspirational and i have learn't so much from her and I would reccomend her to anybody (not sure if that's alound) but please feel free to pm me if you want to know more......Education is the way forward..:D :D
Amanda

Hi i traned with creative because they were recommended to me i think that they were brill but so is this site just reading problems and answers has helped me so much. sometimes i have a question that im going to ask look at the board and someone else has asked it so im already getting answers.GREAT SITE REALLY DOES HELP NEW TECHS

Hi there,

i actually did the foundation with star nails and i thought it was really good, but then i have done my creative conversion since, and i thought that was excellent. Also i have found i am getting better results with creative. so out of the two i would recommend creative.
But as the previous posts point out ask all the companies you can for samples and info and then you can make an informed decision and pick a system that suits you.

Beck

Jaydee said:
Hi Vicky, Firstly welcome to the site, it doesn't matter that you mentioned which company you trained with, this is not a product related site. We are all here to help each other with any tips and advice. I trained using star nails products at college and the done a conversion course with creative and havent looked back since. Why dont you phone the educational dept on 0113 2750433 and have a chat with them.David

I have to say that David's coment is one that they hear all the time at Creative and it makes them very proud.

It is also true that Creative is still the only enhancement company that has EVER won the Industry award for best Nail training at the professional beauty Awards !! Something of which we are also very proud and very aware that it needs constant work to stay ahead..

I think there are hundreds and hundreds who will testify to how their businesses have grown with their association with Creative. So let's say you could do allot worse than to follow the course you have set. I will of course be accused of being biased (which I am), but it comes from a passionate beliefe in the value of Creative education and their products ability to perform in all sectors ... and that is what it takes to make an excellent business.

Being biased is not necessarily a negative thing at all. I don't know why people make it into a dirty word. EVERYONE is biased about something and if they believe in it they re going to recommend it aren't they? I do not believe there is any such thing as an unbiased recommendation.

Vicky - have you considered doing your VCTC through a college of which I beleive quite chunk can then can be used to get your NVQ Level 19? I trained with Star Nails on their total technician and decided to go down the college route then I plan to do a conversation once this is completed..PS my college opts to use OPI so it might be worthwhile speaking with your local colleges to see what system they use and how much a nail course is...atb

OK Playday1 . I have a MAJOR sulk on now (lol). You left us out of your list !!!

Light Elegance UK (Gel)

Kind Regards
Karen
Light Elegance UK

There is nothing wrong with bias about your favorite product.

As long as you declare your reasons up front.

""I think there are hundreds and hundreds who will testify to how their businesses have grown with their association with Creative. So let's say you could do allot worse than to follow the course you have set. I will of course be accused of being biased (which I am), but it comes from a passionate beliefe in the value of Creative education and their products ability to perform in all sectors ... and that is what it takes to make an excellent business.""

Revenue has no meaning here then?

Well I think OPI's, LCN's, Grafton's and alessandro's and Creative's education are all very good. I still suggest you take an open view and don't be blinkered by what people want you to spend money on.

Posted by: PLAYDAY1

On: Yesterday 11:29 PM

There is nothing wrong with bias about your favorite product.

As long as you declare your reasons up front.

""I think there are hundreds and hundreds who will testify to how their businesses have grown with their association with Creative. So let's say you could do allot worse than to follow the course you have set. I will of course be accused of being biased (which I am), but it comes from a passionate beliefe in the value of Creative education and their products ability to perform in all sectors ... and that is what it takes to make an excellent business.""

Revenue has no meaning here then?

Well I think OPI's, LCN's, Grafton's and alessandro's and Creative's education are all very good. I still suggest you take an open view and don't be blinkered by what people want you to spend money on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back