Confusion about getting lashes wet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMA

Reaction score
Right, what is actually best for lash extensions?
Some company's state you mustn't get lashes wet at all for 48hours. And others state that it's important for clients to wash their lashes the first night of having them on which obviously involves getting them wet.
What aftercare advice do you all give with regards to these things? X

I was told no water for 48 hours and to avoid steam ie showers/saunas for the same period. I trained with LP xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

That's similar to what I was told but I'm going to update my leaflets and things soon so have been searching aftercare advice from other places to make sure my information is sound but now getting a bit confused about some of the contradicting information out there :/ x

It's an information minefield lol xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

If you use a nanomister, they can get them wet immediately as it cures the glue in seconds ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was taught no sunbeds for 24 hours also as this can affect the setting of the glue. X

I was taught no sunbeds for 24 hours also as this can affect the setting of the glue. X

Sunbeds were never even mentioned in my training. I'll have to look into that x

Ive never heard of washing them. Why would you do that? x

Ive never heard of washing them. Why would you do that? x

Well they acquire dirt and makeup build up and need to be washed just like our hair.

If you cure the glue then yes, it's fine to wash the lashes that night (and every other night) with a mild baby shampoo. They do need to be cleaned :)

Latest posts

Back