Confusion at ExCeL!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I don't know ALL the results, but I do know the following:
Sculpting
Pamela Rohlf - 1st Place - CND Retention+ and Perfect Colour Powders
Liza Smith - 2nd Place - CND Moxie & Perfect Colour Powders
???? - 3rd Place

Fiberglass
Carolyn Lunn - 1st Place - Fabric#
????? - 2nd Place
Ruth Fordham - 3rd Place - Fabric#
John Hauk - 4th Place - OPI Fiberglass

The F/G Results were a complete catastrophe! John Hauk was crowned 1st Place! Ruth found his score sheet and realized she had a higher score than him! It turns out a big mistake was made and Carolyn (Crazy & Creative) took 1st with someone else (not sure of her name) taking 2nd and Ruth taking 3rd!! What a shambles!!

A huge hug and congratulations to all that placed but what a huge shame that our girls were not up on the podium where they should have been!!!

Love to all and please let us know the tip and overlay scores!!!

Oh glad to see Liza's Name there well done.
Congratulations to Caroline and Ruth in Fibreglass. No doubt Ruth will fill us in with the rest later.

Congrats to everyone winning at Excel. Thanks god you found the score sheet, Ruth. A big hug and kiss from your niece. Luv ya and we're all proud of ya!

Oh my word! What a shambles! I really feel for everyone after they've all put so much hard work into their practice!

I really don't know what to say...

Well done everyone.

Keep us updated, won't you Mrs Geek???

Karen

Ok guys just come back from ExCeL and yes it was a bit of a confusion going on there.................
But alas all has been sorted................
Caroline had her picture taken with our Jacqui Jefford and will be send her 1st prize trophy and winning Cash lol.................. Pubs on you there Caroline !!!!!!

I am so proud of her......When you train someone and then they beat you, it is the best feeling in the world.............because I know that I must have done something right there !!!!!!!!
So getting a 3rd place was an added bonus to knowing my baby won !!!!!!!

I have to say that Jacqui and Denise sorted this out so fast and prompt and made sure that all ended so well..................The two of them did us proud there...........they couldn't have done it faster if they had been on roller skates.............

I dont think John Hauk has realised yet that he is No4.......so sorry John but Fabric# did it again.............

So well done to Pamela, Liza, Caroline, the little tiny girl, mean petite really, who won 2nd place with Fibrelass and yes her nails where beautiful..............
And congrats to any one I havn't mentioned , but when the final announcment moment is there, names fly by and before you know it you can't remember who won what, with what.............. all I know is I was there and had a ball !!!!

What a fiasco!!! :evil:
Congrats all the same to all peeps who competed!

What a bloody fiasco!!!! The scores where are mess, Caroline was in tears, it was a disaster!! At least the mistake was spotted by Ruth and Caroline, else who knows what will have happened!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you where i came or my junior who entered the novice catergary, because they only placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd, no sour grapes but would like to know where we were placed, we all put a lot of effort into entering and it makes a difference to us the competitors.
Katie my junior doesn't know if she can enter the virgins again or not cause she doesn't know if she was in the top 7,
Great day seeing everyone, thanks Liza for the use of yr water spray, just a shame it turned into a bit of a mess at scoring time
love you all lots, I'm knackered!!
Paula xx

Oh, so glad it turned out okay in the end.

Well done everyone! You must all feel very proud!

Karen

OMG poor guys and yes what a shame for those in fibreglass comp.

Well done everyone.

Kate Rickeard came 1st in Tip and Overlay L&P (think category correct?!!) and hope results correct too ! WELL DONE HUN

Microphones were very very poor, couldnt hear very well at all
Anyone know where our other geeks came ????

Missed seeing you Samantha and Gigi - hope you both well

Thanks to Sam for spending some time with my friend (prob with lifting clients!) demo was great to watch and i learnt a few new things from the master himself too !

So ....... Feb 27th here i come ! lol

kx

Am I right in thinking there was a natural nail/manicure competition too???

Kx

hi just wanted to say what a fab day I had at excel, headed straight to the creative stand and saw a crowd gathered round watching The Grand Master Geek doing his demo on a lucky lady, so i sort of squeezed my way finally! to the front... whilst watching very carefully and impaitently waiting for the demo to end so I could say hi samuel im a geek lol the lady having her nail done sudenly felt faint and had to sit down on the floor....... I was thinking can you do mine now!!! The lady was fine after all.... ok ok I have no shame lol
Bought toooooooo much and also booked another master class whilst I was there magic makeover in October wooohooo cant wait.

Karen i think there was, im sure it was the first comp results announced, but have to say again the microphones were not very good / clear at all

you gonna enter then hun ????

braver than me ! far too shy for all this - will leave it to you guys !

kx

lol, I think I'm just getting carried away with the excitment of the day. I think I'd be far too nervous as well...

I think I'll just sit back and gawp in awe at the winners...

Kx :)

Well done Caroline, Liza and Ruth, I wish Nickki and i hadn't left straight after the results now!

Must be hard on John though, it really shouldn't've happened!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I am so proud of her......When you train someone and then they beat you, it is the best feeling in the world.............because I know that I must have done something right there !!!!!!!!
So getting a 3rd place was an added bonus to knowing my baby won !!!!!!!

sorry missed this thread with all the comp problems i had :eek:

Ruth you are a great great teacher you have time & patience when you taught me i thought god help her she will be giving up after day 1 lol but you didn't you were on the phone, on here and on msn at me all the time and for that i thank you and love you loads without you i wouldn't have done what i did so babe it as much your win as mine ( but the cash is mine ;) )

To jackie and denise thank you for sorting everything out and denise thank you for the champagne that was so kind of you

In the end i did have a fantastic day with some fantastic people love you all loads see you at GMEX

I wish i could of gone both days as would have loved to see the competition nails. One day i will enyer the comps but need a bit more confidence and practise before i do.

Well done to everyone who entered and well done to Ruth, even though scores were a shambles.

Hi Geeks

I'd like to add a bit to this thread too. I was there and judged Nail Art and Photographic (entries way down on comps of years ago that I used to be involved in)

Congratulations to ALL who took part. Entering takes a special kind of bravery and, above all, demonstrates a dedication to perfection. This dedication can only benefit the professional industry in general but specially our clients. I totally admire every competitor and every single one did a great job!

Obviously, special congrats to the winners :cool: They did the best nails for that comp.

Caroline has been great about the mix up. I used to organise them so I know that everyone tries so hard to get it right with judging and adding but nothing will compensate for not hearing your name called out at the awards with everyone there. We should all try hard to make her feel great now because she did win :biggrin:

There can always be a mix ups and one of our 'best birds' NailsinLondon1 suffered a bit of a drama too (although she has kept very quiet like the great sport she is!)

Well done to everyone and especially the winners :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I hope everyone will support the exciting Nailympics next March. The experience will be worth entering it!!!! Or, just go and watch
:eek:

Marian

Latest posts

Back