Congested Skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DANY

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need some help please!

My skin always has bumps on it, not very often whiteheads or blackheads, but it is quite bumpy all over when

you feel it (i.e. stroking my face you can feel it).

I believe I have combination skin, as my T-Zone is a bit oily and the rest of my face I would classify as

'normal'

Do you know what causes this? And how I can get rid of it?
I have always looked after my face, never leaving make-up on overnight etc and having a daily routine, but it

remains bumpy!

Here is my current routine:
- Mornings I wash my face and moisturise.
- Evenings I take my eye make-up off, then I use Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish with a warm cloth to take

off my make-up and rinse my face with cool water after, tone with Liz Earle's toner, moisturise with Liz

Earle's normal/combination moisturiser.

I exfoliate about twice a week, currently with Lush's coconut/lemon exfoliator and put the Lush Mask of

Magnimity on afterwards.

I have tried a wide range of products, including Clean & Clear, L'Oreal Pure, Body Shop Tea Tree, Garnier

Pure Zone, Neutrogena, Clarins, Clinique...... But my skin still remains this way.

Any advice on how to get rid of these bumps would be greatly appreciated, and comments on my skincare regime

are welcome also. I don't want to have congested skin anymore!!

Hi Dany.
The only thing I would recommend is that you go to a reputable salon and ask a qualified therapist to examine your skin. We can make suggestions based on what you've told us, but it's difficult to know the best thing to do without actually seeing and feeling your skin. You'll be much better off going to see someone, believe me!

Hi Dany.
The only thing I would recommend is that you go to a reputable salon and ask a qualified therapist to examine your skin. We can make suggestions based on what you've told us, but it's difficult to know the best thing to do without actually seeing and feeling your skin. You'll be much better off going to see someone, believe me!

I agree.There is a lot that can help or it maybe that you are doing enough already and if you didn't have the routine you have things may be a lot worse.
Your skin maybe down to internal probs maybe food allergies.Definately go and see a professional,maybe even a doctor or if you prefer a homeopath or naturopath.

Hi DANY
Felt I had to offer you some advice here as I have been where you are, and bought the t-shirt! Up until about a year ago I suffered awfully with adult acne (after coming off the pill). I suffered with it for 2 years and nothing, I mean nothing helped. I tried every skincare known to man, but refused to take medication because of a previous nightmare experience in my late teens. I had acne all over my chin and jaw. To cut a long story short, my skin is now completely spot free, I can't remember the last time I actually had a proper spot. I get a couple of pimples round that time of the month but that's it. My saviour was the Paula's Choice skincare. You may not have heard of it, so check the website out at Paula Begoun - The Cosmetics Cop - Paula's Choice. There is also a European website for it. The two products that saved my life are the 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid gel or liquid and the Blemish Solution. I never experienced any irritation from using Paula's products, except when you first start using you may get a little dryness, but you just start slowly and then build up the frequency of application, very straight forward. Unfortunately, you can't by the blemish solution in the UK at present due to it being a benzyl peroxide product, I get it shipped from an ebay seller (I can give you their details if you would like). Anyway, have a look at the website and see what you think. In my 2 years of suffering I also tried Liz Earle stuff, and it made it much worse - far too oily and thick for my skin. If you have acne or congestion you need to avoid heavy products and also chemical exfoliants are much better than manual ones. The BHA liquid/gel exfoliates right down into the pore so that's why all my 'bumps' cleared up. I hated the fact that when I ran my fingers along my jaw line you could feel all the horrible congestion there - but that has completely gone now. I've been free of it all for a year now - good luck to you and let me know if you need any more info :)

I know Paula's Choice skincare has very good reviews and is very popular in USA.
x

Latest posts

Back