SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking about ordering the Gel X starter kit from Apres Nail. I am currently using IBD hard gel for my gel extensions but have started to suffer from a painful achy thumb at the end of each working day (the file off/ infill process does not help).

I have seen a lot of tuturials on Instagram for Gel X and must say it looks pretty tempting. Only problem is as I’m in the UK, it requires a shipping cost and time. Does anyone have any experience using Gel X and any advice on making a switch over, or at least giving it a try on a practice hand.

Thanks

Attachments

• 16B70597-A386-49EC-A09B-8968E36C9957.jpeg
    16B70597-A386-49EC-A09B-8968E36C9957.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 168
It's glorified 'stick ons' - nope. No structure, no strength apex, they're just using LED/UV gel as glue for full coverage nail tips.

It's glorified 'stick ons' - nope. No structure, no strength apex, they're just using LED/UV gel as glue for full coverage nail tips.

Thank you for your opinion, I like to get as much advice as poss before buying something. Just out of interest, have you used it yourself? Just wondering if you’d had any issues with it if so?

Thank you for your opinion, I like to get as much advice as poss before buying something. Just out of interest, have you used it yourself? Just wondering if you’d had any issues with it if so?

No I wouldn't waste the money on it, its full coverage tips and glue, clients can buy those in Primark for a £1

No I wouldn't waste the money on it, its full coverage tips and glue, clients can buy those in Primark for a £1

The tip itself isn’t plastic

Yes they are, all nail extensions tips are made of plastic no matter what brand you use.

I skipped through the first half of this video to see the process

I've just checked out Sarah's review of them too. She's fairly honest with her reviews. She says in her write up that they'd be good for DIYers, and lots of the comments say they are like 'full cover glue on tips'

Ah I see, well I was going with the information I had been given directly from Apres Nail.

Apparently they are a ‘specially formulated gel tip’

TNBL uk are selling them and there are reviews on their fb group

I know a tech that swears by this system. I'm going to buy a box of the tips and compare them to the Makartt tips. People seem to think they are the same. I'll let you know probably sometime in Feb when I get them.

I bought a box of tips to check out & Im surprised to say I really like them, they do feel totally different to any tip I’ve come across before, base of tip super thin so no ridge, tapers out to a thicker free edge & a slight c curve

They are excellent product and have a great social media following and top salons in the UK use them

Hi I’ve been shown how to use this system recently also but I use a different make called astonishing gel . They do the quick tips to go with it . As I struggle with tips i thinks it’s great for nail technicians like myself who struggled with acrylic or hard gel . So I’m giving it a go too like the fact you don’t need glue for tips

The tip itself isn’t plastic

YoungNails did a great vid on how brands advertise them as 'gel tips / made from gel' but they are actually just plastic and you use gel to adhere them

Hi all,

I am thinking about ordering the Gel X starter kit from Apres Nail. I am currently using IBD hard gel for my gel extensions but have started to suffer from a painful achy thumb at the end of each working day (the file off/ infill process does not help).

I have seen a lot of tuturials on Instagram for Gel X and must say it looks pretty tempting. Only problem is as I’m in the UK, it requires a shipping cost and time. Does anyone have any experience using Gel X and any advice on making a switch over, or at least giving it a try on a practice hand.

Thanks
Use foxy brands they are cheaper and use same manufacturer www.foxybrands.net

YoungNails did a great vid on how brands advertise them as 'gel tips / made from gel' but they are actually just plastic and you use gel to adhere them
Anybody doing this is subject to false marketing lawsuit. I can confirm Apres and Foxy nails use 100%gel tips

Latest posts

Back