SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a different brand of this product. I make a lot of money from it. Clients get the same amount of wear as they do acrylics. However, @Trinity is correct, no matter how much you dress it up, gel is plastic. Also, you just can't beat a properly built, structured nail.

I use a different brand of this product. I make a lot of money from it. Clients get the same amount of wear as they do acrylics. However, @Trinity is correct, no matter how much you dress it up, gel is plastic. Also, you just can't beat a properly built, structured nail.
Would you mind sharing what brand you are using please?

Of course, I use Ink London.
Thank you. Funnily enough I'm about to order a trial kit from Ink London as we think it might be the best brand for us to go with. Are you happy with the full range generally?

Thank you. Funnily enough I'm about to order a trial kit from Ink London as we think it might be the best brand for us to go with. Are you happy with the full range generally?
You won't be disappointed. I use clear flubber to attach the fit tips. I don't use their gel polish (yet) but i use their acrylic and hard gel and don't have any compliants. Customer service is amazing too.

They are OK...they do not hold up like acrylic or hard gel, they dont like water or humidity. They look great at first, but look like shit after a while. They break, split and snap easier than hard gel or arcrylic...I quit using them. They were exspensive and imo a waste of money.

Anybody doing this is subject to false marketing lawsuit. I can confirm Apres and Foxy nails use 100%gel tips

define "gel"
polymer?
all plastics are polymer but not all polymers are plastic
https://www.rspinc.com/blog/plastic-injection-molding/polymer-vs-plastic/in the US we see glue products (glue and powder, glue and wrap) marketed as a "lightless gel" product

over the years I've known many manicurists claim they have built a booming business with a product I had very poor results from, you can only really believe those who work near, see them using the product
I've worked next to manicurists who would lie about the products they used, did nails for three women some years ago who "paid extra for gel", the manicurist used powder and liquid and then put their hands into a lamp, there are some powder and liquid gels, but, what these women had was acrylic

we had a competitor who claimed their gel was entirely "natural" based on an old definition of carbon material as natural and, in fact, it is... but not "natural" the way so most beauty products mean "natural"

the bottom line would be, does the product work well
does it work well for clients... even over the counter products can produce a better result when handled by a nail professional

but it sounds like a small investment to experiment would be best

I've just checked out Sarah's review of them too. She's fairly honest with her reviews. She says in her write up that they'd be good for DIYers, and lots of the comments say they are like 'full cover glue on tips'

Is she using hard gel? I’m using polygel for this , great for aquarium design

I've just checked out Sarah's review of them too. She's fairly honest with her reviews. She says in her write up that they'd be good for DIYers, and lots of the comments say they are like 'full cover glue on tips'

Attachments

• 5D80B2F7-E1A4-446C-BAA1-D87B2193958D.png
    5D80B2F7-E1A4-446C-BAA1-D87B2193958D.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 22
Is she using hard gel? I’m using polygel for this , great for aquarium design
Omg just watched it till the end , it’s not liquid forms , just tips ? 😨

My biggest gripe with Gel X is that their protocol is that you can only backfill them *once*. They provide a "soft gel" builder in a bottle....but they really expect you to soak off/reapply these tips every-other-time.

I guess I'm frustrated that I went though the effort to learn things like hard gel and polygel and we just use their lil press-ons with soft gel....it feels like we're providing the fastest service but not the *best* service....anybody else have ideas please post below!!

Latest posts

Back