Consultation form - are my questions enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail angel 67

Reaction score
I've just made up a consultation form after seeing a lot of tips on this site. However, I did think that as I'm only giving a mobile (and part time in a salon now) Gelish service for natural nails I may not need ALL the questions.

My consultation form lists the following - is this enough or are there other things I should DEFINITELY ask for (and if so, what is the purpose of each additional question?)

Name:
Address:
Tel No:
Are you currently on any prescribed medication?:
Do you have any allergies:
Please sign below to confirm that you understand and agree to the aftercare leaflet provided.

I think I just don't like to get too nosey as I, in particular, get a bit frustrated when I go to a salon and fill these forms in and have to search out my doctors details etc. so would rather ask only essential questions.

Thanks everyone - really look forward to some advice.

Being cheeky and pushing this back to the top as I could really do with some tips. Thanks guys :wink2:

Hobbies/ activities - what punishment will nails go through outside of work...

Natural nail condition - what is the base you are working to...

Medication/ medical conditions ...

Hobbies/ activities - what punishment will nails go through outside of work...

Natural nail condition - what is the base you are working to...

Medication/ medical conditions ...

Thanks Uber. Regarding the natural nail condition am I generally asking them what condition their nails are in normally?

Hobbies/activities - without being too nosey (reading etc would not have an impact at all on nails) would it be ok if I put something like "Do you you have hobbies or activities which may put stress on your nails?

Cheers

I also have a statement at the bottom of my consultation form which I read out saying "I declare that I have informed my therapist of accurate details to questions asked and I agree to inform my therapist immidiately if I am unhappy with results so this can be rectified" Then get them to sign under it

Oh that's great wording - I'll do just that! Thanks

Out of interest, why are you asking Occupation?

Out of interest, why are you asking Occupation?

Just in case they have a job where they are heavy on their hands generally.

My sister for one is a nanny and looks after small children all the time so is VERY heavy handed and I know I can put quite a few of her problems down to her occupation so she is now opting to keep her nails quite short to minimise this.

Just in case they have a job where they are heavy on their hands generally.

My sister for one is a nanny and looks after small children all the time so is VERY heavy handed and I know I can put quite a few of her problems down to her occupation so she is now opting to keep her nails quite short to minimise this.

Good point :) xx

Latest posts

Back